Look But Don't Touch

Delilah sat in her car outside of Emma's house. She had just finished her session with her therapist and felt mentally exhausted. She finally disclosed that she still had and often times, when she was alone, watched the security footage from the club. Her therapist didn't seem surprised in the least. Nothing Delilah said or did shocked her. That was one thing Delilah liked about her. She never felt like she was being judged or looked down on. However, her therapist did lean into her a little harder than she usually did, but she was still careful with the fragile Delilah that came to see her.

Before Delilah could get out of the car, her phone started to ring. "Hello?" She answered.

"My favorite sister." Miguel's deep voice rumbled through the speaker.

Delilah smiled softly. "I'm your only sister, Miguel."

"Wouldn't have it any other way. How was therapy?" He asked. That was the only place Delilah didn't allow him to escort her. He worried about her and knew how drained she could be after one of those sessions.

  "It was rough." She answered honestly.

  "I'm sorry, Lilah." He said quietly. It pained him whenever she was hurt.

  "Yeah, but I'm okay. Really." She absently traced the emblem on her steering wheel. "Miguel can I ask you something."

  "Mmhm."

  "No bullshitting." She said.

  "Okay." He agreed.

  "Where is Savannah?" She asked.

  Miguel lazily ran his hand through his hair and sighed as he sat on his couch at home. "I don't know."

  "Is that the truth?"

  "I swear. After I handed her back to tía, we never talked about her again. I was clear with your wishes. Isabella nodded and that was it."

  "Oh." Delilah said simply. She wasn't sure why she wanted to know but she did. Maybe it was because of her talk with Dr. Hylen today.

  "Don't think about her." Miguel said.

  "Easier said than done, bro."

  "I know." He pensively stroked the scruffy little beard that had grown on his face. Daniella had changed her mind on facial hair and so he let it grow. "Are you going anywhere else today?" He asked.

  "No. I'm at Emma's and I'm staying in tonight."

  "Okay. Call me if you need anything. I mean it." Miguel said sternly.

  "Okay, Dad." Delilah said mockingly.

  "Whatever. I love you."

  "I love you too."

  After that, they ended the call and Delilah went into Emma's house. She expected to see both of her girlfriends but only found one in the kitchen, thoughtfully staring out of the window.

  Emma smiled when she laid eyes on her lover. She put down her cup of coffee and greeted her with a hug. She knew how raw Delilah could feel after therapy so she held off on the kissing. "Hi, baby."

  Delilah kissed Emma. She knew everyone walked on eggshells around her after therapy sometimes. While she appreciated the carefulness, she needed all of the intimacy and tenderness her girlfriend had to offer. She needed to get Savannah and the ill feeling of her hands on her out of her mind. She looked into the bright kind eyes of her love and smiled weakly. "Hi."

  Emma could see through the smile and saw the sadness in her Delilah's eyes. "Do you want to talk about it?"

  Delilah shook her head. "No, but thank you."