100

Colby laughed loudly, "honestly he might have been." He said as I laid my head on his chest, watching the video. He rubbed my back gently which caused my eyes to slowly creep shut.

I walked downstairs to see a brunette girl with blue eyes. She couldn't be older than 16. Colby stood next to her, "I'm so proud of you." He said and hugged her. I watched as an older version of me smiled at the two of them, "you passed?" I said and drew the girl into my arms, "I passed mom! I passed my drivers test!" She said and held me. I smiled at the image of our beautiful family. Once I pulled away from her she turned back to Colby, "can I take a drive? By myself?" I watched as Colby's eyes darted to me, with an uneasy look in them. "Yeah sweetie, just don't be too long." He said as she squeeled and kissed his cheek, snatching the keys off the counter. She scurried off and out the front door. "She grew up so fast." Colby mumbled and took me into his arms. "I know. I'm worried about her even more than I thought was possible." I said into his chest. The image of us holding eachother was melting my heart. I glanced at my left hand seeing a wedding ring on my finger. "I know, I'm worried about her too, but she's strong, just like her mother." He said and kissed my head. "I love you." I said and stepped back from him. "I love you, too."

I was brought out of my dream as Colby carried me to my room, "Colby." I whispered causing him to kiss my head as he held me, "shhh you can sleep, I'm taking you to your room." He said quietly as he lightly kicked the door open. "I love you." I said as he set me on the bed gently, "I love you, too. Get some rest angel." He said and kissed my forehead once more, before turning the light off and leaving the room again.

I fell into a dreamless sleep until I was woken up by Colby sliding into the bed next to me. I scooted closer to him as he turned to face me. "Sorry for waking you." He mumbled and kissed my head, wrapping his arms around me, "it's okay. Did you and dad have fun bonding?" I said and tucked my head under his chin, "yeah, he's a really great guy, but I'm not surprised since he raised you." I chuckled, "yeah, I really wish he lived closer, I miss him." I whispered feeling the emotions bubble up, "hey, it's okay. Our new house has a guest room, I'll fly him out whenever we can." He said and kissed my head again, "what did I do to deserve you." I mumbled still feeling the tears well up, "the feeling is mutual sweetheart, now get some rest okay? I love you." He said and kissed me one more time.

When I woke he was still asleep, his arm lazily draped across my waist. I turned slowly so I could look at him sleep, he had a small smile on his otherwise relaxed face. My fingers ached to touch him, but I didn't want to wake him just yet. I carefully got myself out of bed without waking him and walked out to the kitchen. I hummed to myself as I boiled some water for my tea. As it boiled I grabbed my phone and scrolled through social media. I tried to avoid looking at fan related things and went to Kat's page, clicking through her story. They had pizza night last night and they were all laughing in the story as she panned from her face to Sam's, my heart clenched slightly because I missed them so much. I was pulled away from my phone by the screaming of the tea pot.

I prepared my tea and turned around only to almost bump into Colby, "oh my god!" I screamed as boiling water spilled onto my hand. "Oh shit!" Colby said and grabbed my mug placing on the counter before turning the sink on and guiding my burned hand under the cold water. "I'm sorry, babe." He said sheepishly as he held my burned hand under the cold water. I laughed and turned my head to look at him, "it's okay, I burn myself almost every time I make tea, you definitely scared me though." I said and pulled my hand away from his so I could turn the sink off and dry my hands.

"I'm sorry, I hope you can forgive me." He said lowly and pulled me to him by my waist. "Oh I forgive you babe." I said and kissed him. He smiled widely as we pulled away. "Do you think you'll be ready to go back to LA tonight? Sam and I have a meeting tomorrow afternoon." I nodded, "yeah that should be fine. I need to apologize to everyone." I said as he brushed my hair out of my face. "They already forgave you, don't worry about them. They are just glad you're okay." I nodded, "I'm just so stupid. I don't know why I did that..I really don't." I shook my head in frustration. "You shut down, and your reaction was to run, it's okay baby, it all worked out." He said and kissed my forehead.

We spent the rest of the day just relaxing until Dad got home, he took us to dinner on the way to the airport. I didn't like the idea of leaving him again, but he was supposed to come to LA for thanksgiving so he would be with us again in a couple weeks.

"You know I'll see you in two weeks right?" Dad said and hugged me as I cried into his shirt, "I'm sorry..I just always hate leaving you." I sniffled and pulled away so Colby could hug him. "I know squirt, but I'm always a phone call away." he said and ruffled my hair. "I know." I said and grabbed my bag from Colby. Dad got back into his car and drove off leaving Colby and I alone, "it's alright babe, we will see him soon." Colby said as he grabbed my free hand, "I blame pregnancy hormones for this one." I said with a watery laugh as we made our way into the airport.

We got through security fairly fast and started to walk to our gate, "oh my god! Are you Colby Brock?" A girls voice called causing me to stiffen slightly, "it's okay baby." Colby whispered then turned around, "that's me! How are you doing?" He said with a wide smile as he opened his arms for a hug. "I'm good! I can't believe you're here, oh my god is that Cora??" She said excitedly, "hi, it's nice to meet you." I said with a smile as my heart beated out of my chest. "You guys are so cute! I was getting really mad that everyone was hating on you. I'm so glad you finally said something." She said and smiled at us, "what's your name?" Colby said changing the subject, "oh! My name is Kylie." I smiled, "it's nice to meet you. Thank you for being so kind." I said quietly. "Of course! Well I'll let you guys go catch your flight! Thank you for talking to me!" She said and hugged us both again, "did you want a picture with him?" I asked and pointed to Colby. She smiled timidly, "if you don't mind." Colby smiled widely, "of course I don't, come here!" He said and opened his arms for a hug again as she handed me her phone.

I took the pictures and we said goodbye, then made our way to our gate. "She was really sweet." I said as Colby laced his fingers through mine, "I know, I'm so happy she was nice to you, I think that post really helped." He said and kissed my head.

"I think so too."

Heartless On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara