60

"Hello?" My dads voice said over the phone, "hi dad I'm so sorry I didn't answer! I didn't even-" he laughed, "it's okay squirt! I know you have been busy, whatcha been up to?" His cheerful voice said, "I woke up to pancakes, Colby took me on a little hike, now we are going to a haunted house, and then we are going to go to a bar and a small party then we will probably just watch a scary movie." I heard him chuckle, "no wonder you didn't answer your phone, I'm so glad to see you have a lot to do today, I love you so much." I smiled, "I love you too, dad."
"Alright, I'm gonna let you go now. Have fun and be safe! Just because you are 21 now doesn't mean you can go around being dangerous." I smiled, "I won't. Plus I have the best bodyguard out there" I said and winked at Colby who was now smiling. "Alright honey, I love you"
"I love you too."

"You ready to go?" Colby's velvety voice filled my ear as he wrapped his arms around me. "Im ready if you are, felon." He laughed and kissed me, cupping my face gently with his hand. "The fans are warming up to you already, you know." I smiled slightly, "what makes you say that?" I said as we walked out of the room, he pulled his phone out showing me multiple dms and posts on Instagram about how cute we are, and how they would accept me if I kept making Colby happy. I smiled, "honestly this haunted house is gonna have nothing on your fans. They are so scary!" I said and he laughed, "yeah they are pretty protective of me." He shrugged as we got downstairs. Everyone was dressed to perfection.

Jake and Tara were clowns, Devyn was a mummy and Corey was a tomb raider, and Sam and Kat were of course Victor and Emily. "You love birds ready?" Sam said and grabbed his keys. We were all going to drive separate since some of the group would be coming straight back here where the other would be going to the bar with me.

"I probably should have mentioned I'm scared to death of haunted houses.." I said as Colby and I got into his car. "Don't worry, I'll protect you from the scary monsters" I laughed, "I'll hold you to that, Brock."

We pulled up to the haunted house and it was packed. "It must be good if it's this busy" he said and we parked, Sam parked next to us. We got out of the car and Kat ran up to me, "we need to take cute Instagram pictures in line, I haven't made my birthday post to you yet" I laughed and nodded, already getting a little overwhelmed by the noises and people. Colby wrapped his arm around my waist and we walked to the end of the line. In the line there were masked people with chainsaws scaring people, clowns popping out of bushes, and zombies straining against cages. "Try not to look scared, they usually bother the scared people more." Colby said quietly and kissed the side of my head. I let my face relax as Corey, Devyn, Jake, and Tara joined us. Kat yanked me away from Colby causing me to scream out. "Sorry! Come on" she said and pulled me to one of the scenery pieces that were displayed through the line. Tara and Devyn joined us as we took pictures, I looked over at Colby for a second. "Can I get a picture with him?" I asked Jake who was taking the pictures. Just then a clown popped out from behind the bushes causing me to scream and run towards Colby. He laughed and wrapped his arms around me as I hid my face in his chest. "It's okay, he's gone." He said causing me to pull away and brush myself off. "I'm good. I'm good." I said trying to seem tough. "Very tough Cora." Sam said with a chuckle. "Shut up." I mumbled and led Colby to Jake so we could get our picture taken.

The line went by quickly, people would be coming out of the exit crying. "Colby..." I mumbled shakily, "don't worry baby. I got you." He wrapped his arm around my shoulder pulling me closer to him. As we entered the house we were immediately faced with complete blackness, arms reaching out of curtains grabbing us. I screamed and tightened my grip on Colby as we slowly made our way through the room.

The next room had surgical tables with people screaming on them, doctors wearing pig masks were running around with knives, pulling people away and cornering them. I watched as they yanked Kat away from Sam, and trembled into Colby's side more. Colby held my head against his chest trying to shield me from the doctors. I felt hands grab my arm and pull me away from Colby, he tried to hold onto me but lost his grip as I was pulled in the same direction as Kat. "No!!" I cried out as the pig cornered me, squealing loudly as they got in my face, Kat was screaming next to me, and ducked away from the pig and scurried back to Sam, I swallowed hard.

It's not real. It's not real.

I ducked under the pigs arm and ran to Colby, throwing myself into his chest. He laughed and quickly walked us out of the room. "You okay?" He said and I nodded. This house was extreme, and I was so scared but it wasn't real, and I knew that, making it easier to push through.

We walked down a long dimly lit hallway, the silence was deafening, you could only hear our breathing. Just then both doors of the hallway slammed shut,
Causing us to jump, some of us letting out screams. People dressed as children crawled through the curtains that lined the hallway, getting in our faces, "Wanna play??" One of the little girls said getting in my face. I turned my head to be burried in Colby's chest. He stood strong and shook his head at the girl, "she doesn't want to play." He said with a laugh. She screamed, flailing her arms around and pulling at her pigtails. I covered my ears at the loud noises, "play with me!!!" She shrieked and I popped my head up to look at her, she looked at me with a devilish grin and lunged for us, causing Colby to run to the door at the end of hallway that was now open, he dragged me along and I turned to see the girl wasn't following us.

The next room was the mirror maze. "Fuck." I said and looked up at Colby, who was still securely holding me. "I know. we'll be okay though, I think this might be the last part. You can do this baby." I nodded and we starting walking through the maze. We heard crazy laughter coming from all around us. By this point our whole group had been split up, leaving Colby and I alone.

I heard Kat scream, sending chills down my spine. I began to shake with anxiety since I couldn't see her, I didn't know if it was an I'm in danger scream or an I'm in a haunted house scream. Tears pricked at my eyes, "Kat?" I called out, my voice shook as I spoke. "She's fine baby." Colby cooed and we kept going. I heard Devyn scream now, the same worry flooded my body causing me to start hyperventilating. "Hey, it's okay." Colby said and stopped to hold both my arms. "They are okay, they're just scared. It's okay baby." He pulled me to him and kissed my head. "How do you know?" I said, tears now falling off my face onto his costume.

"We are in a haunted house love, they are supposed to be screaming." He was right. I tried to catch my breath. I eventually calmed down but in the back of my head was freaking out. Partly because I couldn't see them so I assumed they were in danger, but also on the other side of that I didn't know what they were screaming at and what I would have to deal with later on in the maze.