# Fifty Seven

Possessiveness can be annoying.

It's cute if a character says 'my girl' or 'my *insert name here*'...but if he goes all caveman saying how you belong to him every five minutes, I'm out.

I don't think it's healthy to be that possessive and NEWSFLASH! the girl doesn't belong to you, she's not an object.

I also think it's toxic, it really feels like the girl is being treated like an object.

A relationship is partnership, not ownership.

Also, that whole caveman act where the guy kisses the girl when there's other guys around or refuses to let her talk to a guy alone (there's a slight difference when the guy hits on your girl, but SERIOUSLY! Not every guy has a crush on your girl...get a grip) or he drags her away from her friends, growls like so wild animal and the list goes on... That whole act is annoying and also, if I was the girl, a quick way to get yourself dumped.

Treat her like a person, someone you are lucky to have had fall in love with you...not the newest PS4 game. Respect her right to be her own person away from you, even if that means still hanging out with her guy friends and not flipping out if she talks to a classmate about homework. Know when to back off, because I promise you, no one wants to see the constant PDA because you want to make sure that everyone knows that she's your girlfriend.

Honestly? To me, this behaviour is in the same category as an animal peeing somewhere to mark his territory...

* * *

Do you agree?
Do you not agree?