# Eleven

I have gotten to the point where I don't even read a book if I see that there's a gang in it (with exceptions of course, like Adventuring with Analise written by my friend @DreamingBelieving).

How do these guys land in the gangs and how do they NOT get arrested for handling a gun.

Like hello! You're not allowed to legally consume alcohol, why would you handle a gun??

Sometimes they do it for money (if their parents are dead, which is usually the case) or they were in trouble and the gang leader saved him and now they need to repay the debt.

Also, by the end of the book the character gets out of the gang with litte to no trouble and they live happily ever after.

No again.

If there absolutely has to be a gang in the book, make it realistic.

You don't get out without a hit on you. You do realize that the gang member can GO TO JAIL BECAUSE HE TOOK PART IN ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES and their associates also know that one wrong word and they end up behind bars. You don't just leave gang life.

Also...gangs don't just randomly go around killing people. There is usually a reason and they will try to cover their tracks as good as possible, because jail.

Wattpad teens are more troubled that in real life, it seems...because no one in my high school was in a gang, nor did they carry guns with them. They were just teens and I really wish that Wattpad authors would get the memo.

* * *

Do you agree?
Do you not agree?

PS If you want to write about, for example, a gang or something...just do some research so that it is at least realistic. It might only bw Wattpad, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't try and research and produce a sorta accurate story