Chapter 15: French Fry

Start from the beginning

I sighed and went downstairs with her, to find my mom waiting. She was dressed in an all white blazer and white jeans.

That would never be me. Being way too clumsy, I'd probably fall or bump into something that would most likely leave the world's most giant stain on my all white ensemble.

Because the universe plays with me like that.

My wedding day would probably end with me crashing into the chocolate fountain.

And yes, there would be a chocolate fountain.

Because well...who doesn't want a fountain dripping with heavenly chocolate?

"Oh, you two look fabulous!" she gushed. "Okay, now let's go."

We followed her outside and she got into the back of her white Escalade with a driver in the front, while Jean and I climbed into the black Range Rover we usually rode around in.

We soon arrived at my father's company. The building stood tall and wide with it's seven floors, flooded with security. I guess some important people were showing up. We parked and the door was opened, body guards ready to secure my sister and I. They led us, my mom ahead, to a spacious garden with a long table with about twenty chairs. There were already adults standing around, talking to one another.

"Thank you," Jean told them as they left us.

"This is about to be one boring day," I muttered and she chuckled, nudging my arm with her elbow.

"Lighten up sis."

"Easy for you to say, you were made for all this," I said.

"I don't think anybody is ever made for long boring meetings Morgan," she told me. "But then again I'm used to it so I know how to suck it up. Just smile and nod, always works."

She was immediately whisked away by some guy in a suit, a supposed producer or something like that. I wasn't close enough to hear the rest of their conversation.

I groaned, pulling out my phone. My mom approached me just as a man with a camera walked towards us.

"For goodness sakes Morgan try and look like you want to be here," she said through her smile as we posed for the camera. "Smile a little at least."

Somebody tell me to smile one more fucking time and I'll lose it.

"How's this for ya?" I asked her, a wide fake smile on my face.

She sighed and turned to me after the photographer was done. "Morgan, I know you're annoyed, but at least try for me."

"Fine," I gave in. "I will try to enjoy myself."

Or at least look like I am.

She leaned in and gave me a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you."

I gave her a small smile as I was left alone once more.

Then I spotted my dad, and a genuine smile formed on my face. I hadn't seen him since I met him at the restaurant some weeks ago, where I met Josh too. He was talking to a grey-haired man dressed in army uniform. He was probably a general or had some sort of high rank, given the number of medals on the front of his uniform.

I waited till they were done and walked over to him.

"Father," I joked.

He opened his arms and received me in a hug. "Hey there sweetheart."

"Back from London? Or are you just going to take off again?"

He laughed. "I'm going to be in town a while..."