ten.

j a i m e e

+

The moment we step outside, I certainly regret my choice of a loose sweatshirt as the cold air hits me. My arms wrap around my torso naturally, trying to contain as much heat as possible.

"Are you cold?" Shayden asks, noticing the change in my body language instantly.

I nod my head, shrugging. "You'd think a sweatshirt would be enough. I spent fifty bucks on this thing and it doesn't even do its job right."

Shayden doesn't comment, instead, he tugs his jacket off.

"Put this on."

Looking back over to Shayden, I see him handing me over his jacket. My eyes widen immediately as I shake my head.

"I'm not taking your jacket. You'll get cold-"

"Please just take the damned jacket, Mendoza. You know how my Mom raised me- don't damage my pride." He says without thinking. A small smile tugs at my lips as he mentions Shania. She always used to clip his ear if he ever did something she didn't approve of. But, as far as I was concerned, she never needed to reprimand him because he's always respected everyone around him. Shayden never slutshamed, never spread rumours. He was always the last person out of a door, always the first person to stand if there wasn't a spare seat.

"We can share?" I offer, raising my eyebrows in question. I open my arms and Shayden just laughs as we wrap our arms around each other. Warmth takes over me right away and I let out a sigh of relief as Shayden still manages to put his jacket around my shoulders.

"Thank you." I mutter as I lean my head onto his chest, breathing in his familiar scent that relaxes me immediately.

"Are you still cold?" He asks, amusement present in his joking tone.

"I'm alright now," I assure him, my eyes fluttering shut. I tightened my hold so he didn't attempt to unwind his arms. "Let me just stay here for a minute."

Shayden chuckles but abides with my demands. "Can't be letting my girl get cold now, can I?"

I forgot how to breath.

My girl. Fuck, why did that sound so good? I've missed this, I've missed him.

"And I can't be letting my boy get cold either, can I?" I raised my eyebrow, leaning my chin on his chest as I looked up at him.

He just smiles, cocking one brow before leaning down and connecting our lips for a split second.

"C'mon," He says, tugging me into his car. Apparently, Tory and Shayden decided to go shopping yesterday which automatically means that I'd be getting a fashion show. Not that I was complaining much.

Shayden looked good in anything.

By the time we're inside his apartment, the clothes scattered around already seem as if they've been there for longer than a day.

"You're staying over right?" Shayden asks, picking up everything and undoubtedly moving to dump it in his bedroom.

"Mhm." I hum in agreement, busying myself by making us both green teas.

He stares at me with slightly widened eyes as he leans on the palm of his hand.

So beautiful.

My breathing hitch as I try to control my hormones. My eyes unconsciously travel to his lips and I quickly look away, praying that he didn't spot that