₮ⱧłⱤ₮Ɏ-₮ⱧⱤɆɆ

Now playing

Now playing..

"Black Out Days"
-Phantogram, Future Islands
////
"Tell me all the ways to stay away"
•-•

"Michael, man, you really gotta cut that long hair." Michael's friend, Matt, joked.

I bit into my slice of pizza. "Oh my god I missed this." I said, savoring the taste.

"I know, right? This is the best!" Audrey said, sipping her drink, which wasn't alcohol for once.

Michael was in the middle of telling a story about how he almost got arrested before his gaze drifted to right behind me.       

The look on his face switched from being happy and carefree to annoyed almost immediately.

"Hi, dad." Michael said with an annoyed tone.

Fuck.

I turned around. Mr. Afton himself made eye contact with me. Those blue eyes haven't changed after all these years.

Except I don't think he recognizes me.

"Michael, who are these two young ladies? You didn't te-"

"Isn't it obvious? I recognized them at first sight and I haven't seen them in maybe, what, five? Six years?" Michael said, crossing his arms.

William looked back at me. "I'm sure I'll remember in a minute, but I'm Wi-"

"She knows you, Mr. Afton. We both do." Audrey cut in. I cleared my throat. "Yes, that's true."

He was in thought for a split second before a look of surprise came across his face. "Y/n?" He asked.

I nod. "Yeah, it's been a while." I had my arm propped on the table.

"You've grown. How old are you now?"

"We're both twenty-three." I said, turning towards Audrey, to which she nodded.

       He looked me up and down in a split second. "You've aged like fine wine." He compliments, his signature smirk forming on his face.

"Dad. Really?" Michael asked, annoyed at his father.

All William did was chuckle. "She deserves the compliment." He looked back at us. "Well ladies, it's been nice seeing you again. I'll leave you to talk."

He walks away in his usual proper manner.

"I'm so sorry about him." Michael apologized, his cheeks pink from embarrassment.

"It's fine, it happens to the best of us." I said, taking another bite of my pizza.

"How does it feel? Seeing someone you haven't seen in six years?" Audrey asked me.
I shrugged. "It feels weird."