₮₩Ɇ₦₮Ɏ-₴łӾ

Now playing

Now playing..

"Rhinestone Eyes"
-Gorillaz
////
"Your rhinestone eyes are like factories far away"
•-•

Thoughts rushed in and out of my head as I stood outside. I listened for a second.

"You're a psychopath! What you did to her was just utterly horrible!"

Is that.. Julian?

"Oh calm down, kid." I heard a voice say.

   This voice was much calmer than Julian's was. This voice was also Will's. I looked through the glass window of the door.

"I want you to just stay away from her! You're good for nothing except causing misery and trauma!" Julian shouted.

I got a glimpse of William smirking. "I don't think she wants your help. Actually, I think she's quite happy being in my presence."

     Jules had a pissed off look on his face.

"Really? Is that what you think? You've caused her so much trouble already! Just give up on the games you're trying to play!"

I decided I should go inside. I stepped inside. Both of their gazes were locked onto me.

"So lovely of you to stop by, isn't it? We were just talking about you."

His smile was the smile. The one that meant he was up to something.

I decided to play dumb. "Oh, really? What have you been saying?" I asked.

Julian looked away. "It's nothing."

William chuckled. "Is it really just 'nothing'?"

Julian angrily sighed. "Yes, just leave the topic alone!" He looked back up at me before standing up.

He gave me a long hug. "It's good to see you, Y/n. Glad you're okay."

"Uh.. yeah I'm fine?" My statement came out like a question.

I left Julian's embrace as causally as I could and walked over to the child-murderer in front of me.

"You feeling any better?" I asked, leaning against the wall.

He smiled up at me.

"I'd guess so. I'm not exactly permitted to move around too much, however I still believe this is necessary for a formal greeting."
He slowly took my hand and kissed the top of it.

I gave him a small smile back. "I guess you have the same scars as I do?" I questioned.

He nodded slowly. "Yes. I guess you could say we're more similar than before, correct?" He stared into my eyes.

I awkwardly laughed.

Julian got up and brushed himself off before leaving the room, not saying a single word.

William's gaze was on him before turning back to me. "Now then," he started. "Since Julian decided to leave, I have some things to explain, don't I?"

He laughed.

"First, thank you for covering for me yesterday. I needed that. Second, I was in the back room because I needed to escape them."

I was hesitant. "..Escape who?" I asked quietly.

"Do you remember when I had killed those five children? I was escaping them. Their souls. They are afraid of the suit, so I had foolishly thought it would save me."

      "Yeah well I'm the one that did all the saving, dumbfuck."

     He smiled. "And I can't thank you enough for what you did." He took my hand.

"Because of you, I'm alive." William said.  I didn't exactly want any more physical contact so I decided to leave quickly.

     I checked my watch. "It's getting late, I should go."

       His smile faded. "That's quite upsetting. I love having you visit. But unfortunately, you have school. Sometimes I forget that you aren't in your twenties yet."

    He pulled me into a hug. Even though it must've caused him some pain, he hugged me tighter.

    "See you soon, love."

I left his embrace before leaving the room.

•———•

School wasn't exactly the most pleasant place.

On the scale of popularity, I'm not the most popular, but Audrey's up there so we're at least decent.

I sat at lunch with Audrey and our decent sized circle of friends. It's been almost a week since my visit to the hospital.

Out of all of our friends, Audrey and Lily were the only ones that knew about any of the accidents. I preferred to keep longer-sleeved shirts and hoodies on.

Not because I wanted to. Because I didn't want to attract attention to myself.

I knew as soon as someone sees a glimpse of one of the scars, I'm done for.

The only scars I had a major problem hiding is the one on the back of my neck and the ones on the top of my hands.

Our friend group is decently-sized. We have what we call the inner friend group and the outer friend group. The inner group being for close friends. Both inner and outer were sitting with us today.

That can be a good thing and a bad thing. Mainly because there was a certain guy in our outer group that just pissed me off.

It's frienemies more than anything. He's okay one minute, and the next he makes me want to sock him in the jaw.

Asher.

I had finished my lunch, and I wasn't in the talking mood. I looked at the small locket and ran my thumb over the engraved pattern.

"What'cha got there?"

I looked up at Asher with a slightly pissed off face. "It's nothing. Don't worry about it."

He plopped onto the seat next to me and crossed his arms. "Oh I think I'm worrying about it."

"Just piss off, alright?"

His smirk soon changed into a slightly aggravated face. "Give me the locket."

I was silent for a moment.

"Make me."

•———•