₮₩Ɇ₦₮Ɏ-Ø₦Ɇ

Now playing

Now playing..

"Come a Little Closer"
-Cage The Elephant
////
"Do you understand the things that you've been seeing?"
•-•

"-And Ms. L/n, are you aware of who was responsible for the murders?"

  One of the officers questioned, staring into my soul. I felt like I was quiet for a moment too long.

  " No sir, I don't."

"..Alright, is there anyone you would consider to be a suspect? If they are in this room, please inform us anyways, for you are completely safe."

I knew Will was staring at me. He knew I wanted to say something. "..No sir" I blandly said.

An officer that was off to the side was writing down everything I was saying.

•———•

After the police left, Henry sat down at his desk. His rested his head in his hands.
I picked up one of the many papers on his desk. It was a lawsuit.

I put a hand on Henry's shoulder. "It'll be alright. I'm.. I'm sure we can get through this. We have once, we can do it again."

He looked up at me. "I'm thankful for your positivity, Y/n, but.. last time was one murder and a kidnapping. This is five murders we have! Hell, you heard the policemen say I'm one of the suspects!"

I sighed. "I am too, so I wouldn't stress."
He looked shocked for a second. "Wait.. you're one of the suspects? You're only seventeen!"

     I nodded. "Apparently 'anyone' can commit murder. Which is true, but not everyone can get away with it."

He stood up. "I can't believe this.. I'm closing early, but I'm not leaving. I have too much paperwork to fill out."

"I'll do my rounds." I volunteer. He smiled. "Thank you so much, Y/n. I'm glad to have you here."

I flashed a smile. "It's no problem."

I checked my watch.

4:30pm.. lovely.

Audrey was leaning on the wall while I swept the stage. "It was scary talking to those policemen." She said.

"Yeah. It wasn't as scary this time."

"Well, that's because you've done it before. Also, who do you think did it?" She asked.

I stopped sweeping. "..I don't know. Could've been anyone." I continued what I was doing.

Audrey seemed off. She got quiet.

"Y/n.. we've been best friends for a while now, correct?" She asked.

  "If you're asking me out, no." I jokingly said.

She laughed a bit. "No, it's not that, but you always said you'd tell me anything right?"

I stopped sweeping again and looked at her. "Audrey.." I started.

I set the broom down. "..Do.. do you think I'm the one that killed them..?" I questioned.

"N-no! Of course not! I was just.." she seemed nervous.

"Audrey.. you know I would never do that! Especially since Olivia died!"

She sighed. "I don't know.. your mental health has been getting worse ever since the first incident. I've been worried about you."

"And you expect me to pull a stunt like that!" I was shocked. "Even if I wanted to do something like that, I wouldn't have!"

She placed her hand on my shoulder. "Y/n, I'm just worried. I realize you didn't do it. I just want you to be safe."

I hug her. "Thanks, Audrey."

"You're welcome."

•———•

I sat down, eating dinner. I poked at my food. "Everything okay, dear?" Mrs. Emily asked. I looked up at her.

"Oh, yes ma'am. I'm okay." I smiled.

She looked worried. "If you say so.. I know this is a lot to take in."

I gave her a small smile.

I sat on the edge of my bed, not really thinking.

Charlie entered my room.

"Hey Charlie, what's up?" I asked, looking at the child. She sat next to me.

"Y/n, are you okay?" I smiled. "Yes, I'm alright."

She took my hand and traced over the crescent scar on my skin, something she would often do.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

She could tell something was up. "I'm just a little stressed, that's all." I gave her a smile.

She hugged me. "I just want you to be okay." I hugged her tightly. "Thank you, Charlie."

"I love you, Y/n." The small child said.

I smile at this. "I love you too, Charlie."

She got up. "I'm gonna go to bed now. Goodnight!" She waved before leaving the room.

•-•