Chapter 29

Zara's cries and pleas eventually stop, too far away to hear her yelling after me to come back to her.

I fought back tears.

The lump in my throat was choking me.

Her dad actually had the audacity to say that she's a strong girl and will be ok.

The fucking cunt is about to get my foot up his arse if he ever tells me anything about his daughter, one he messed up.

The first two days I stayed silent, kept away from them until I got my shit together and stopped feeling sorry for myself.

I tried to ask Grace so many times what the plan actually was and where the fuck we are walking to, each time she ignores me or changes the subject.

My eye twitches every time.

I'm sceptical about her. Unsure.

But now, while walking past a river that's pouring off a cliff, all three of us heading into the forest, I snap.

"Do you even know where the fuck we're going?" I asked Grace, pulling back on her shoulder when she doesn't answer.

"Let go of me." She growled, hitting my hand off her.

This sperm bucket is hiding something, or she plain hates me.

Maybe both.

I cut in front of her, eyeing Zara's dad as he dropped his bag. "Answer the fucking question." I get in her face, snarling at her.

"They are at the original hangar, the one you were in." She snaps at me, looking me up and down in disgust.

What the fuck?

"Look at me like that again and you can settle for going headfirst off the fucking cliff." I shove her slightly, not giving a fuck that she's a woman. "Talk."

"You're the son of Mac. You shouldn't be trusted, nor should you be anywhere near my son. I will not hesitate to put a bullet through your head if you try anything." She looks me up and down again. "Zara and Theodore will do just fine without you."

My hand is on her throat before I can even think, fingers digging into her flesh as she grunts. "Say that again." I urge her, tightening my grip.

"Theo, that's enough." Zara's bullshitter of a dad intervenes, placing a hand on my chest and pushes me back, I let him and bat his hand off me harshly.

"I can't take back everything that I did, I tried and failed. I'm nothing like that piece of shit." I point ahead of us. "Do not mistake me for him. I'm a lot fucking worse, so don't piss me off."

Well, that's a lie. I'm nothing close to him and his twisted mind, but it looks like the threat works since she nods, turns and continues walking.

After a few minutes, the stupid bitch starts again.

"I don't like you and I hate that you are with Zara. I watched that sweet girl grow up and to see her landed with the likes of you, now stuck with your son too... it disgusts me." My fists clench, eye twitching again. "The only reason I'm getting you out of here is because I need you to get my son out of your dad's grip."

"Noted." I cock a brow, making sure to remember each word while she begs me to help her. "You done?"

"You have Mac Dawson's blood running through your veins, anyone who does, I don't give a shit about." She points to the ground, teeth-baring at me, "You don't deserve Zara and especially not that little boy."

Before I can snap her in half, Zara's dad grabs her arm and tells her to knock it off, tears falling down her cheeks. "He's his son." She shakes her head, pushes him away and storms off.