Chapter 30

"Theo, stop tickling me before I kick your ass." Zara threatens me, kicking her legs out as I straddle her, fingers roaming her body and not in a sexual way.

Her giggles are erupting the whole house, the smile over her face keeps me going.

"Stop it!" She gets mad, eyebrows furrowed. I take the hint and climb off her, pulling her leg over my waist to look at her. "You take it too far." She huffed.

"You wish I'd take it too far, but I don't fancy waking up the shit cannon." I smirk, tucking her hair behind her ear, kissing her nose, lips and forehead. "I'd take a blowjob off you though."

Cue the slap.

"Charming." She shoves my chest. "What do you think it will be like when we get out? Just me, you and Theodore."

This is an easy question, something I think about a lot. I don't have experience as a family man on the outside but I know not to do what my dad has done.

I would never raise my hands to Teddy, never force him to do things he didn't want to do. I'd be that dad at his baseball games, or football if we ever get to Scotland, cheering him on and probably humiliate him as well.

The idea of Teddy running into my arms and shouting daddy, straight from the nursery, makes me smile against Zara's hair.

Or when I picked him up from school, embarrassing him with my loud music and flirtatious remarks to his teachers, earning a whack from Zara.

I want to be there when he asks me about girls, how to ask one out, how to ask one to marry him one day.

Even if my experience is a little shitty, I would help.

I want it all.

I want all the experiences of helping my son find that special person, not the way me and Zara had found each other, the right way.

Although me and Zara love each other, we started our relationship more toxic than good, more heartbreak than love and finally found our way to each other.

We are far from perfect, never will be, but we love each other and that means the world to me.

"Theo?" Zara asks me again, zoning out while I think of everything I want to tell her, but don't.

"Safe, hopefully." That's all that matters.

"I fully expected a sexual advance from you, I'm shocked." She wraps an arm around me, fingers in my hair and pulls me to her so our lips touch. "Guess what?" She whispered against my lips.

"You want to fuck?"

She slaps my head.

"I love you." She tightens around me, leg hooking around my waist more. "Like, really, really love you."

My eyes dart from her eyes to her lips, back to her blues. "I love you too."

She smiles her sweet smile, lips against mine again. "Never leave me."

I can see my boots, legs being dragged along the grass, someone gripping on to my sleeve. It's dark but the sun is still up. I can hear voices but they abruptly stop.

"You did well until you decided it was a good idea to let go." I put my hands on my hips, look up from where she fell from, and back to her, a smirk on both our faces before we started laughing.

I caught myself and coughed to cover it up and told her to follow me to another cliff.

She stops and stares at the waterfalls, two of them side by side but separated by a wall of trees. She looks mesmerised by it and I find myself staring at her.