Prologue

Anya pushed the bedroom door open, to find two figures moving under the sheets, dancing to a tune only they seemed to know.

"Nita you are so good," Karthik purred in ecstasy and received a satisfying moan for an answer. She shut the door with care, turned around, and waited in the dining area for them to come out.

In the meantime, she made coffee for herself. She was not sure why she was so cool about the whole situation. Nita's presence as Karthik's fuck buddy was a revelation to her. She didn't expect her friend to be involved with her boyfriend.

When Karthik came out in his boxers and saw her with coffee, he was dumbstruck and stood motionless.

She gave him a bland smile, "Was she any good?"

His eyes widened, but before he could say a word, she slapped him hard. She then went into the bedroom, packed her clothes and toiletries to leave the apartment. Nita, she presumed, was in the washroom, since she did not find her there.

With an explosive calm that she did not know how she possessed, she said, "Next time just lock your damn door, and I'll come back on the weekend to get my other things."

She had no boyfriend, and now no friend either to spend the night. She could request Sanjay, her best friend's help to stay for the night at his place, but he lived in a single-bedroom apartment with his parents and a brother. She couldn't inconvenience him.

She locked her stuff in her car and hunted for a paying guest accommodation. She located one and moved in. Only then, she gave herself time to cry and let out her anguish.

She had to stay strong. She couldn't let a mere man control her life. She knew the end was coming. She refused to believe in it, but now this wasn't good. It hurt like a bitch. She thought he was her happily-ever-after, but he couldn't even breakup with her decently.