Chapter 17

Though Anya slept through most of the journey, she woke up with a start as soon as they entered the protected area of BR Hills. She was mesmerised to find acres and acres of forest cover that raced her heart. She took deep breaths and thought two eyes weren't enough to see all the wonders around her.

She was tongue tied when Ajay entered the camping area-she sat at the edge of her seat and unintentionally held Ajay's shoulder through the gap, while he drove. Though he was startled to feel something on his shoulder, he relaxed into her touch. He knew about her longing for her home town which from her words, he imagined it to be nestled in such a huge green cover.

As soon as they parked their vehicle, they were welcomed by the ground staff. Ajay moved closer to Anya and he could feel waves and waves of tranquility radiate off her. He felt she was at home there and somehow in peace.

They reached the wilderness camp by lunch and at the insistence of the staff, partook the incredible buffet style lunch before they reached their rooms. With their tummies full, they followed the competent staff to their log hut.

"You outdid it Anu, this is incredible. You are one outstanding woman. It's fricking awesome," Anya exclaimed in wonder, giving Anu a bear hug. They were right outside a huge log hut that stood tall on wooden pillars and was unpretentious by merging with the surrounding area.

Anu had no idea that the hut would turn out to be so huge. From the stock images on the internet, she could only make out that these were a better choice than tented huts or dormitories.

While Sanjay and Anya moved around and admired the place from every angle, Ajay moved closer to Anu and lay a hand on her shoulder.

"Congratulations BIG SIS. Good Job."

Anu nudged him in the ribs.

"Ouch. That hurts big sis. Never knew you react this way to genuine compliments."

"Shut up Ajay. I'm only Anu here. I'm no more a big-sis to such an old man."

Ajay quirked both his brows in amusement and let out a laugh, "Clearly, someone wants to impress someone huh? All the best Big SIS. Safe to say he sounds decent but a little clingy. Don't you think he is too young for you?"

"Clearly, someone is very happy to even not mind being called OLD. Anyways, how often have you seen older men marry comparatively younger girls?" Anu asked Ajay without missing a beat. He was not sure where the question would lead, so he answered, "Almost always."

"Then what's wrong in older women flirting with young men? Are you gender biased? Besides, as I've already explained I'm not that old. Please bear that in mind."

"Fair enough. If you are not old, then I'm not old as you claim BIG SIS!"

"You're annoying! You sound better with your mouth shut."

"Now we are stealing other's lines, are we?"

When Anu glared at him, he relented, "Okay! Okay! no more teasing from my side and promise me no monkey business from your end."

When her glare intensified, he shrugged, "What? I'm just looking out for you Anu."

She relaxed, "That's why I chose you to be here," she replied truthfully which made him squeeze her shoulder in comfort.

"I know. And I'm happy to be here."

She gave him a small smile as they walked up to the log hut.

The hut lodged two rooms with a single en-suite bathroom sandwiched between both the rooms. There was a narrow balcony all around which could be accessed from either of the rooms. Only issue was, while one of the rooms housed twin beds, the other had a double bed. It was quickly resolved when the girls opted for the double bed.