Chapter 12

**Asher POV**

As we leave the room with 6 of our warriors in tow to meet with the remaining reinforcements, I begin to worry about what has actually happened.

"Will, we have not had a breach in 12 months. Now all of a sudden there is a breach with rogues, and they have come in 2 waves. This isn't right, something is wrong." I nervously speak to Will as we make our way outside.

"I don't know Lena, I'm uneasy about it as well. Let's get out here and contain the threat then assess matters from here." He replies as he beings to quick remove his clothing.

I turn to Will to unzip the lower section of my now torn red dress. "You all take left flank; we will take right." He directs us as the warriors shift and acknowledge Wills command. We nod at each other and quickly shift and dart off towards 102.

Dashing through the woods, the feeling of dread starts to roll over me. Something is wrong, really wrong.

"Will, something isn't sitting well. Why would they come in waves?"
"Rogues are strange Princess. We should catch one to interrogate."
"Strange but not smart. The waves, this is showing skill. Whoever is directing them knows what they are doing."
"Yea and know where to hit us. I can't help but feel this is a distraction."

No sooner does he say this, 4 rogues fly out from the left of us and roll Will to the ground. I am quick to offer back up and Will flys to his feet biting the throat out of one of the rogues. 2 face us from the front and 1 from behind and charge at us instantly as the 4th continues running. Will rips off one's jaw as the other bites Wills leg as he whimpers in pain. The one on me fly over me as I bit his belly and rip him to the ground. The second he hits the dirt I jump over him and rip out his throat. Will is back on his feet as the final rogue lines up his attack. Quickly shifting out of the way the rogue runs into a tree and I finish him by slicing his belly open.

"Will are you ok? That looks bad"
"I'm fine Princess, but we need to keep going"
"Beta Will, Boarder 102 is now secure." Warrior Cole speaks into the link "We've managed to take down 12 of the intruders and taken 2 into custody.
"Excellent! What about the rest, have we got a track on them?"
Will questions
"4 retreated over the line and we are still searching for the remaining 5."
"Cole, are you sure there are no others within the boarder other than the last 5?"
"Yes ma'am, the boarder guards are keeping an eye out and we have 27 warriors patrolling the streets and a further 18 in the forest keeping their eyes out."

"Well done Cole. Take the 2 into the cells for interrogation. Asher and I will continue scouting for the remaining 5."

As we continue tracking the remaining rogues in the back of my mind all I can think of is Nick. Tonight was the last chance I had and I hardly even got to say goodbye. Rea and I both feel pained at the thought of allowing him to fall through our fingers.

**Nicholas POV**

With the alliance now sealed and paperwork signed its time for us to leave and as we leave the hall my mind wonders to Lena, I can still smell her scent. Exiting the building I quickly glance to my left and see the red dress she was wearing laying over the rail and my heart skips a beat. Worry, concern, adoration all flows through me.

"Alpha Nicholas, I wanted to thank you again for coming to me with your alliance. I truly do look forward to strengthening the bond between the two packs." Leo says as he reached out to shake my hand.

"As do I Alpha Leo. Please extend my well wishes to your sister and my apologies that I didn't get a chance to see her off. She's certainly something special Leo, id love for my sister to meet her one day." I reply as I shake his hand.