Chapter 7

I look over at Lucy who is blushing each time her eyes meet Wills in the rear vision mirror and Will smiles at her. Maybe today will be the day they have that talk. Knowing we have a good 30 minutes' drive ahead of us I wind down the window for some fresh air and lean back into the chair. Time for a long overdue nap.

***

"Asher... Princess... it's time to wake up" Will gently whispers in my ear as he places his hand on my shoulder and lightly nudges me. "We are here".

I slowly open my eyes, feeling groggy and a little stiff. That sleep was sure welcomed I just wish it lasted longer. Will leans over and undoes my seat belt, standing up nice and straight he places his hand out to help me out of the car. I lean against the car trying to compose myself and readjust my eyes to the bright spring light, Will propping me up - I'd be lost without this guy - I take a deep breath of the fresh crisp air.

"I'm okay Will, go catch up with the ladies and I'll make my way inside shortly. I just need some fresh air" I kindly ask Will as I tap him on the arm. "And don't forget to chat to Lucy" I look up smile and wink at him.

Will chuckles and questions me, "Are you sure you're ok?"

I just nod, trying to conserve my energy. Oh boy, how am I going to manage to make it to tonight's dinner when I feel like a walking hazard.

Will sets off to find Echo and Lucy leaving me against the car when I'm hit with a slight whiff of Chocolate, Leather and Musk.

Rea stirs. He's here! She whispers slightly excited

Nick, he's here somewhere, and I immediately feel at ease.

I lean back against the car, one hand on my forehead, the other on my stomach trying to compose myself. I open my eyes, and there he is, standing right in front of me. A strong wave of emotions floods over me, I lose my breath and go weak at the knees.

"Nick" I whisper.

** Nicholas POV **

Having lay awake most of the night my mind focused heavily on Miss Asher while imagining the future we could have together I find myself feeling a range of emotions.

Worry - what if she doesn't feel what I feel.
Excitement - I'm to see her again tonight and I can't wait
Fear - what if she rejects me
Content - we could have a future together and that eases my heart
Nervousness- what if I leave here today without her by my side.

This is not like me. These feelings are not normal. I'm an Alpha who could have any woman in my bed, a new one each night of the week if I so chose to, but now all I want is her. I growl to myself, I need to focus on the treaty, I need to focus on.... and then my mind slips again to Miss Asher, her scent, soft lips, piercing eyes. We will be here all day.

9am rolls around, I must shift my focus onto tonight's formal dinner. I know I'm not packed for this so need to go and be fitted for a suit. I need to keep my appearance up, but more so I want to look good for Asher.

Xavier, Linc... Get yourselves ready we will leave in 20 minutes. I mind link to my men.
Yes Alpha - they both acknowledge my command.

We find ourselves a tailor within the town and begin to be fitted for our tuxedos for the night. Myself in black, I care not of the cost I only wish to impress my goddess, my mate. As I fix up the cheque and exit the store it hits me, it's her, it's my Asher, her sweet scent of Cherry Blossom, Vanilla and Musk. It can't be her?

I look around and out to the street and my breath is swept away, it is her. I see Asher leaning up against a car, the same man from yesterday's meeting standing in front of her holding her up.