Chapter 5

**Asher POV**

Leo Will and I sit in the conference room and discuss today's meeting. We get a plan in place to discuss with the Elders in a couple of hours to also seek their opinions. While the decision rests solely in my brother's hands, he is a responsible Alpha whom likes to weigh in on the options he holds in high regard. This decision will impact not just our family but our entire pack.

"So, I see you couldn't help but show off today Asher, you could have been hurt, then I would have had to kill Alpha Nicholas' man and war would have been declared" he says with a hint of disappointment.

"Brother, you know I can handle myself, and they were early, hours early actually, so I was caught off guard." I explained myself hoping for approval. "The man I fought was the Alphas Delta, and I knew what his motive was." I continued. "Learn what he could of our defences and report to his Alpha. And in return I learnt a lot as well".

"Mm and what is that" Leo leans back, arms crossed with pursed lips and awaits my reply.

"That their fighters are much like us, Well trained, strong and fight with honour." I replied

"So, what are your thoughts on this treaty" Leo questioned me.

"If, and I say IF, you decide to join our forces, we then bring together an army of 500+ with strong, skilled fighters. In regard to a strong alliance, yes, it would happen. But." I pause to gather my thoughts and remember if my brothers own opinion of Alpha Nicholas then continue,

"I know you and Alpha Nicholas have not always seen eye to eye, you would need to put those differences aside, are you prepared to do this? And more so, is he?" Trying my best to advise my brother when all I could think of is Nick, his eyes, touch, smell, and our chemistry.

There is a moment of silence, as I watch my brother eagerly awaiting his response. As he leans forward, he places his elbows on the table, hands cupped together I can tell this matter weighs heavily on his mind and he will be at war with his own thoughts to come to a decision.

"Okay Asher", he calmly begins, "thank you. You know I value your input and will discuss this with the Elders this afternoon. Will you please advise the staff of tomorrow's formal dinner?"

"Of course, brother"

"I hope to see you there Little Wolf" he looks to me, as I stand to exit the conference room.

"As you wish" I nod, to accept my Alphas wishes and leave.

I strolled down to the kitchen after leaving my brother deep in his own thoughts. As I enter the kitchen, I see my sister Echo and Lucy discussing our mysterious guests, I am quick to notify them of the upcoming dinner as I know there is much to prepare.

"We have a party to plan" I announce. Both girls stop their discussion, looking up at me.

"Umm but first Ash you need to tell me about your hot dance partner last night" interjects Echo as she sits up straight on her stool.

I roll my eyes and drop my shoulders. "Ugh", I exhale, as if I've been caught in the act. Shit, where do I start!! I know I can't lie, but I can't let my feelings for Alpha Nick cloud anything and potentially risk altering the outcome of this treaty.

"Don't hide anything from me Ash, I know you, now spill it!" Echo demands as she slams her hand down on the bench.

I look at them both, at Lucy with a disapproving eye, how dare she tell Echo this. With a deep sigh of defeat, I know I can't put this off any longer, I'm like a chained prisoner being forced for a confession. "Well last night I was on the dance floor...." I begin to explain both hands on the bench eyes lowered to watch my fingers fiddle.