Chapter 10

**Nicholas POV**

As I start to get a little anxious waiting for Lena to arrive the door at the top of the staircase opens. Maybe this is her? Lena's friend Lucy is first to walk down the steps closely followed by another pretty young lady that Leo addresses as is sister Echo. I begin to worry that Lena won't be joining us then, she walks through the door.

WOW, just wow.

Woof Woof Woof. Hunter howls, foaming at the mouth. He loves what he sees.

Lena begins the walk down the staircase. She is wearing her hair up in a messy bun with deep red lipstick. On her body, that tight little body she is wearing a thin strapped, hip hugging crimson colored silk and lace dress. As my eyes slowly lower there is an above the knee length slit in one side of her dress which effortlessly trails behind her.

So much is running through my mind. I don't only want this woman, I need her. Her scent draws me straight to her. Her brother has just sat his sister down at the table, so I made my way to the bottom of the steps. Her eyes lock on mine and she smiles. "Nick". She quietly speaks my name as she lowers her head then raises it continuing to smile through me.

I place my hand out for her to escort her to the table which she accepts. The second our skin touches there is electricity. The room stops and it's just her and I in the moment, a moment I don't want to end.

"So, you come here often" Lena sarcastically says as she smiles at me.

"Not nearly often enough". I reply returning her gaze.

Man, those eyes, they pierce my soul, her smile, lights up a room, right now while my mind should be on this alliance all it can think about is her. I walk her to our table. It's a large round table where Lena is seated next to her brother Leo, beside him also sits Will and beside Lena is Harrison. Seeing her brother and Alpha of the pack hold his sister so close hints to me the strength Lena possesses and the influence she holds over her brother. Not only a strong woman but a wise one and I imagine Leo seeks her council a lot. Myself, Linc and Xavier are sat at the same table however directly opposite Alpha Leo.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I wish to extend my thanks for your company this evening. Our welcome extends to our guests tonight as we discuss final negotiations of a potential pack alliance which will safeguard both packs well into the future. However, for now, please take your seats as dinner is served, I hope to see some dancing later on" Leo addresses his pack before pointing to a man in the crowd and winking when he says dancing.

Leo takes his seat and the waiters exit the kitchen with meals on their plate. Rib Eye Steaks, Chicken Bosciola and Pan Seared Salmon are all offered to the guests and no sooner do plates hit the table everyone begins to eat.

I look over at Leo who is talking quietly to his Beta Will. Lena is discussing border patrols with Harrison before she looks up to me with a curios gaze. "Alpha Nicholas, tell me, how do you approach security in your pack" She questions me. Her brother and his Beta stopping their talk looking directly at me.

Wow, straight down to business I think to myself. This woman's good!

"Well Miss Asher" I clear my throat. "Our boarder is patrolled at all times by 45 of the packs strongest guards. In addition to this we have trip sensors and 24 hours surveillance. Safety of my pack is and always will be my number one priority." I answer her question and she hang on each of my words.

There is a slight pause, I can tell she's thinking.

"I see." She quietly replies with a smirk. "Tell me a little about your pack."

"Our territory is made up of around 1800 acres. In total we have 878 members including our 271 warriors. The pack territory is much like a general town comprising of restaurants, motels, shopping options, a hospital, as well as a school, we even have an ice cream shop that opened last week. The housing village is around 15 minutes from our pack house and training groups. The land around us well protected by a forest and we have a large lake that the kids love to use as a waterpark on weekends. You are welcome to visit any time." Doing my best to sell it as I deep down try to convince her to come and make my home hers.

"Its sounds like a lovely home indeed Alpha. Thank you for your generous invitation." She says softly yet confidently as she looks back her brother with a smile.

"May I ask, Alpha Leo, as I have not seen much of your lands, what make up your pack." I question Leo to keep the conversation rolling.

Alpha Leo looks directly at me as he leans back in his chair. "Well, Alpha Nicholas, our territory lines are slightly larger then yours coming in just shy of 2000 acres. We have in total 922 members of the pack with 280 highly trained and skilled warriors. Our boarder guard comprises of 167 guards that rotate between day and night shifts. Our pack house, training grounds and my office is here while the village is 10 minutes to the south. Much like your own village with plenty of shops, a hospital, 1 large school. We however do not have an ice cream store." He concludes with a low chuckle.

I nod, and smile, our packs do sound quite similar and it reinforces the alliance strength in my opinion. As we continue with our meal and light banter, my beautiful princess on my mind and my wolf hanging on each word the music begins to play. Echo, Lucy, Will, Leo, Linc and Finn all leave the table to begin their dancing.

Now's your moment idiot, go talk to her. Hunter pushes me as Lena sits in her seat smiling at her family and pack having fun.

I stand up and make my way over to her. Her scent strong and making my wolf jump around.
"Excuse me Miss Asher" I interrupt her as she continues to watch her family smiling. "May I have this seat" motioning at the one beside her. She nods and shuffles her body slightly, so she is facing me more.

"I hope your enjoying yourself?" She questions me.

I take a quick glance at her, she's even more beautiful as the night has progressed.

"Yes Miss Asher, I am, and yourself?" I question her as I top up her wine glass.

"Alpha, you may call me Lena, Ash seems too formal and tonight you are amongst friends." She smiles as she places her hand atop of my own.

Oh boy, its happening. Its really happening! Hunter begins to get excited.

I look down at her hand then back at her. I want to know more about this mysterious beauty.

"Well, Lena. Tell me a little about you. I don't know what it is about you but I can't seem to get a very good read on you and that positively frustrates me." I ask her while trying to contain my excitement of just being in her presence.

She looks me dead in the eyes, then at her family, removes her hand from mine and grabs my glass of beer handing it to me then grabbing her glass of wine. "Here, you'll need this" she chuckles. "So, what is it you want to know Alpha Nick".

EVERYTHING!!!!!!!! Squeals hunter. WILL YOU MARRY ME. MARRY US! GOD JUST DON'T STOP TALKING

Smiling back at her while calming my wolf. "Tell me, who is Mis Asher Taylor".

_______________________________________________________________________________