Chapter 8

**Asher POV **

Lucy suddenly interrupts us. Great timing Luce. I feel both grateful and disappointed. As Nick extends his hand to greet Lucy I feel jealous.

Rea screams "MINE, don't touch him" in my head.

What the hell is happening to me!

"So, this is him?" She subtly questions me with her eyes slightly widened. I nod and shyly smile.

"Wow. Okay." She continues looking between Nick and I.

There is a slight pause. Lucy quickly reaches out and grabs me on the arm and tugs me away.

"Ash, we have to go." She sternly tells me as she's pulling me around the side of the car. "We are running out of time!"

I quickly glance back to see Nick, and mentally capture his handsome looks and scent as Lucy drags me around the car.

"LUCY!!" I firmly speak her name with a raised voice as I turn back to glance at a seemingly dumbfounded Nick.

"Asher, I had too I'm sorry! You both looked like you were ready to claim each other on the street" She laughs while pulling me into the dress store.

"Lucy!!" I firmly say her name again as I shake my arm trying to pull from her tight grip.

"WHAT!!" She growls at me.

"We did NOT" I sharply disagree with her.

"Umm yes you did! Now enough! We need to find you a BOMB ass dress to wear tonight." She giddily continues while looking round the store at the formal dresses hanging up. "You're going to knock his socks off tonight". She concludes as she lets go of my arms and starts pulling dresses off the rack.

Echo walks up to us with a few items in her hand. "Have you found anything yet?" She questions us.

"No not yet" I shortly reply with my mind firmly locked on what just happened and I walk to the change room taking a seat.

Tracing my arm with my hand, the emotions and feel of Nicks hand firmly holding me up. My hand traces up to the side of my face when Nick gently caressed my cheek, the butterflies begin to flutter wildly. My breath skips a beat. I can't get this man out of my mind.

Asher, we can't fight this much longer. Re calmly speaks knowing im at war with my mind and my heart.
I know Rea. Hopefully I get a chance to talk to him tonight. I reply

"YESSSSS this is it!!!!" Lucy screams. "Ash, try this one on, its perfect". She excitedly squeals as she rushes towards me ushering me into a change room.

I groan at her and gaze up to see her holding a crimson colored dress.

A few moments pass, ive got this dress on and it looks stunning.

"Well? Does it fit?" Echo questions me curiously.

I pause for a few more moments. "Yep, it fits, I like it" I confidently reply.

Oh Asher, hes going to go weak at the knees when he sees you in this. Rea chimes in.

Smiling I open the curtain to see Echo, Lucy and Will standing there holding the bags. Lucy brings her hands up to her mouth, Echo smiles and winks at Lucy.

"Wow Asher, anyone would think your trying to make an impression." Will's eyes open widely and his mouth purses open. "A bloody grand one". He concludes while looking at Lucy.

"We will take it!" Lucy says abruptly to the store assistant then turns to me and winks.

I sink back into the change booth and take off the dress looking at myself in the mirror. Suddenly insecurities wave over me. What if Nick isn't attracted to me. Im short. My body looks quite masculine with its toned muscles. Maybe he will hate my tattoos. What if he doesn't want me at all.

Stop! Snaps Rea. I wont stand by and listen to you speak about yourself like this. You are perfect in every way.

Feeling a little settled by her words I quickly get dressed looking at the time. 2pm and I become anxious as I'm feeling quite tired again, knowing there isn't much time left to freshen up and do my hair and make up before making this huge entrance.

When I walk out of the change room Echo has already left the store, Will is collecting the last of the bags and Lucy is giving Will those eyes again. I walk past them both heading to the car and jokingly lean into them. "I wish you two would just hurry up and get it on already" I say in a sarcastic but persuasive tone and nudge Wills shoulder.

I walk out the door of the store, my mind racing, I can't smell Nicks scent anymore. Quickly looking around for him, just one more glimpse to sooth my soul, but he's nowhere to be seen and my heart sinks. Ughh I don't know how much longer I can handle this.

Lucy and Will exit the store, standing quite close, Lucy lightly blushing. I smile, who knows maybe I could be a match maker after all.

"Ok ladies, its time I get you home." Will ushers us into the car. "No doubt you've all got a lot of getting ready to do." He concludes as he places the bags into the boot of the SUV.

We all pile in and begin the trip back to the Pack. I Lean back into my seat, window slightly open, closing my eyes gently. Nicks image heavily engrained into my mind. I can't wait to see him again. I can't wait to start my life with him.

So, are we giving into the bond? Rea asks
I don't know. Let's see how tonight goes. Id really like to get to know him better. I reply softly
Rea groans. Yes, get to know him.
You animal! I joke with her.

We arrive back to the Pack, Lucy touching my arm and rescuing me from my own thoughts.

"You ready?" She looks at me "Or are you imagining your new Alpha naked" she jokes.

"Luce, really?!" I growl at her. But she was right, I wonder what's underneath those clothes.

"Ok, enough you two. We've got to start getting ready" Echo cuts in.

We get out of the car, grab our bags and head up to our rooms to get ready for a fantastic night.

_______________________________________________________________________________