But no word came out of Bertholdt's mouth after a minute. Getting impatient, I grabbed his hair, hitting his head hard against the metal bars.

"If you're not gonna--"

"M. . .Mar--" he struggled to speak. "M-Marley."

"Marley? Where is that?" I asked.

". . .beyond these walls," he sniffled a cry, "a-and across the o. . .ocean from this i-i-island. . ."

Across the ocean? W-where is this place. . .?

I squeezed my eyes, my conscience taking over me. I loosened my arms and released him, pushing Bertholdt to the ground.

Bertholdt knelt weakly, still gasping for air as tears were running down his face. He mumbled quietly to himself repeatedly, "I can't tell them she knows, I can't tell them she knows. . ."

Marley. Marley. Marley. Beyond the walls. Across the ocean.

I slid down the wall again, decrystallizing my arm as I buried my face in my hands, a tear running down my face.

Levi. . .or someone. . . please hurry.

Levi's POV

We lost.

Eren and Historia were successfully captured.

Three men died by the hands of Kenny -- Gunther and two of Hanji's squadmates.

I leaned against the wall in a room lit with only two candles, with the cadets and Hiruka, listening to Hanji's researches based on what just happened.

"--speculating based on that, Ymir was just a normal titan wandering alone outside the walls, she ate a comrade of Bertholdt, Annie, and Reiner who also has the power to transform into a titan." Hanji explained, "Eating a human does not turn a titan back to its human form. . .but eating a human with the power to transform, they revert back. Furthermore, they obtain the power of the shifters they eat."

"But that's not the only way to turn a titan back to human now." Hiruka added.

Hanji turned him, nodding as a small smirk crept up her face. "Gwen has the power to do that."

The other cadets who weren't at Ragako Village the other day had confused and shocked expressions.

"W-what do you mean, Section Commander?" Liela asked.

"Gwen can turn titans back to humans? How?" Armin questioned.

"Oh? Conny didn't tell you how his mother came back?" Hanji said.

This is all a waste of time. We should be planning a rescue mission.

I shut my eyes close, hands crossed over my chest as I continued to listen.

"N-n-no way!" Sasha stuttered, releasing her potato.

"T-that's impossible!" Jean remarked.

I watched them share the same look of amazement.

Hanji told them to silence as she continued speaking. "That's all we know about Gwen's powers for now. Eren's -- he has the power to control titans with his scream. Maybe that's the reason why Reiner wanted him -- them. There must be more reasons why they wanted Gwen. In that case, Gwen and Eren are just vessels who are bound to be replaced. Basically, if the government has a titan of their own, they'll eat Eren or Gwen and obtain their power."

My eyes opened, lips parted as I heard what Hanji said. I turned to my side, noticing Mikasa had the same reaction as mine. Her expression changed as she charged to the door but I pulled her back.

"Calm down. If you go on a rampage, they won't give Eren back." I said calmly.

She looked at me, anger filling her eyes. "It's easy for you to say that because you don't care about anyone who was abducted!" She spat as Armin was trying to calm her down. "Eren, Historia. Hell, we don't even know where Gwen is! And you don't even care. Not a single bit."

Tch. She doesn't know anything.

I stared at her emotionlessly and ignored her words, "We'll find Gwen once we rescue Eren and Historia. We will be looking for Rod Reiss's lands, there's a big possibility we'll find them there."

Mikasa glared at me before walking out, followed by the other scouts.

We need to save those two fast.

But Kenny will be an obstacle. Only him knows where Gwen is.

Just wait a little longer, Gwen.