chapter 14

"Why did you follow me?" You asked EJ with a little glare. He rubbed the back of his neck.
  "Why don't you want o change your power?" He shot back.
  "Why are you trying o change the subject?" EJ held up his finger to say something but slowly it made it way back to this his side. He grumbled about something and looked away.
  "I was worried okay. And it was a good thing I followed you." EJ huffed in a rush to explain. You smiled.
  "Yeah, I should have said thank you before I chewed you out. So thank you for saving me back there." You admitted. EJ looked towards you.
  "Your welcome. Anyways your power thing what does it actually do?", he asked curiously.
   "I can travel the past when I die. At first, I just thought I could only travel to the day before I died. It turns out I can go where ever I want. That was what the book taught me." You moved our hands while you explained. A cute thin that you did, EJ noticed the first discussion you had with him.
    "So you can change the past. Why would you want to though?" You stopped abruptly.
    "I could change the factor of your whole....thing that happened."
     "I don't want that. Even if you could that thing that happened makes me who I am, and if you change that I lose a part of myself." EJ said wisely. You nodded not really wanting to argue with him.  You guys made it to the living room door when you were stopped.
   Jeff stood in front of you guys in a bloody and sweaty mess. His hair was matted to his pale face and his eyes had the crazy daze over them.  So it was normal Jeff.
  "What's up?" You stated.
  "Nothing, but do you want to than with me?" Jeff asked hopefully. You painted at your three broken ribs now.
   "Slender put me on bed rest until I heal." You grumbled. Jeff looked down and said okay.
    And that is when it happened a huge bomb burst through the house. Fire devoured the mansion hungrily. You looked around and the ceiling fell down on top of you.

  You woke up in EJ's bedroom. You were in the cabin, a couple of days before Hellgate. Your heart was beating like a cheetah on steroids, running to the song run by BTS.
  Sleep pulled at you but you had that second of thinking: am I overlooking something? You quickly brushed it off thinking it was nothing. That was until you remembered the fire.
   "Shit I died!" You whispered-screamed silently. You hurriedly got up and realized fell to the floor.  You heard footsteps running towards the room. EJ sauntered into the room and looked down at you. With his mask on. Guess he changed back. Not like you cared. 
    "Whatever happened it is not my fault." EJ snickered at you. You held out your arms to him. Cocked his head slightly. 
   "I can't walk so pick me up!" You demanded him. EJ walked over to you and picked up bridal style. You giggled. You decided to go with the day, trying to make it the same day as it was.
   "I'm a queen!" You wrapped your arms around his neck and nuzzled your nose in his chest. He laughed. 
    "This doesn't mean shit okay?" 

   You sat at the table trying to figure out what to do. You had to go against Slender today, you knew that for a fact. Your thoughts got worse and worse through breakfast. You nibbled on the toast EJ had made.
    You shoved another bite into your mouth and tried to stand up. EJ was gone again and you took notice of that pretty quickly. You jumped up and down as you could finally stand again. You walked over to the door that was outside and opened it, and you jumped back. 
   Ben was standing in the doorway frozen when he saw what you were wearing. His face contorted into a small smirk.
  "Did you have fun?" He asked while cocking his eyebrows up. You laughed. 
   "Hell yes, I did." 
     " You know you're not wearing pants right?"
  "Eh you win some you lose some," you said while shrugging your shoulders. EJ walked into the room and gave him a long stare at Ben. Ben smiled innocently at him. 
  "Don't worry I didn't touch her." He promised. EJ growled.  And walked to the kitchen entrance. He came back a few minutes later with a blacker than my soul coffee. He leaned against the wall and in the best detective voice he said  
  "What are you doing here this morning so early?"  a muffled laugh came from your lips. Ben replied with the best Russian accent ever.
  "Slender wants to start training with her." EJ almost dropped his cup.
  "Slender wants to train her?!" He said, shocked. you looked over at him curiously.
    "What is the big deal?" You inquired.
    "Only one person was trained by slender and that was Jeff the killer. The first leader. After that, I came along the and slender was too busy with cleaning up Jeff's messes that he couldn't train me. Anyways now the leaders always train the proxies, slender just doesn't have the time to do it." EJ explained to you.
 "So I should feel special?" You asked. The two men nodded. "Alright let's go then." You started for the door when EJ grabbed the back of your shirt.
   "Kitten you only have an oversized tee shirt and panties on." You snapped your fingers and went upstairs to find clothes. This is so weird you thought as you thumped up the stairs.

   You arrived at the slender mansion, not even a few minutes after you left the cabin. Slender was waiting outside for you guys. He walked over to EJ and whispered something in his ear before standing in front of you.
  "I'm going to be training you. We will start in a few minutes." His static-like voice explained to you. You nodded hurriedly as you already knew this. He backed away from you and you did the same.
   "3..2..1 go!" Masky yelled across the field. This time you knew how to beat Slender. You remembered that he had one weakness. His tentacles were like bulls, they couldn't turn a different direction fast. And right now you were standing right in front of slender. And you just stood there. The tentacles got halfway to you, and then a few inches. That is when you hopped away, and slender got impaled. You lacked the happy feeling of victory, as slender fell to the ground.
"Child, that was the first time in centuries I've been taking down." Slender groaned as he took out the tentacles from his chest. Black blood oozed out of his chest and into the grass. "How did you do it?"
    "We should talk."

    You and slender strode into his office but rather of talking about what you originally did, you started to speak really fast.
   "You know how I got the past traveler thing?" Slender nodded clearly not knowing where this was going.
    "I somehow traveled into the past when I perished." You rushed.
    "How did you die?"
    "A bomb killed me."