The Crown Prince's Concubine - 2.4

Start from the beginning

The guards had pushed her on her knees. Ah kum cries her petrified eyes darting to Cheng Bi Yu, "Miss, please save me! -"

Empress Li Chang Chang points furiously at the disheveled girl, "You vile filthy servant admit your crimes!"

Ah kum wails acclaiming her innocence,"This lowly servant really did not commit this crime. This servant doesn't dare to harm Noble  Consort Bao Hui Qing! This servant doesn't dare!......"

"Lies! Admit your crimes!-" Empress Li Chang Chang's veins we're on the verge of popping out of her head as her face contorts.

Li Zhi Xin couldn't control his anger either he also jumps in, "Admit your crimes! How can a lowly servant dare to harm a member of the Imperial family!"

Ah kum continues proclaiming her innocence "This servant is innocent! This servant doesn't dare to harm anyone!"

"Still not talking?..." Empress Li Chang Chang then gestures to her head maid "Go and bring in the witnesses," both of Bao Hui Qing servants had come in.

They knelt as they greeted the Empress, "Tell everyone what had happened," the pig nosed Empress instructs.

Ni Ku Yang then began, "Our Miss was enjoying tea in her courtyard when Miss then decided to take a stroll by the lake where Miss encountered  Concubine Bao Chen Guangzhou's servants then servant Ah kum had pushed Miss into the lake because of the orders from her Miss, Your Majesty..."

Cheng Bi Yu laughs, "Pfft!..." this caused all attention to turn to her, "Why are you laughing?...." Everyone was bewildered at the brazen young concubine.

Her servant had committed such an unforgivable act on her orders yet dared laughing. Wasn't this a mockery to Bao Hui Qing, the victim of her jealousy? Did she think she couldn't be trampled because she was the Crown Prince's concubine?

"Bao Chen Guangzhou is laughing because of the blank spaces in Ni Ku Yang's story. It's completely made up to me it sounds much like a children's story," Cheng Bi Yu then brought forth an important questions, "What reasons would I have to harm Royal sister?...And where did I have time to order Ah Kum when I was in fact in my courtyard and most importantly how would I predict Royal sister's stroll?...."

Cheng Bi Yu adds her eyes fixated on Bao Hui Qing who nervously tugged her hand, "We are sisters and blood is thicker than water...Isn't it Bao Hui Qing?-" faced with the sudden revelation Bao Hui Qing right eye twitched.

Cheng Bi Yu then continued to suggest "Maybe Royal Sister had tripped by accident and thought that Ah Lam was the culprit when it was Royal Sister's incompetence..."

Bao Hui Qing balled her fist.

Li Zhi Xin fumed at her outrageous accusation towards his Bao Hui Qing,"Bao Chen Guangzhou you dare to blame Bao Hui Qing for your wicked deeds are you not ashamed?...."

Cheng Bi Yu snorts a sudden glint in her eyes, "Royal brother-in-law," her sickly sweet voice reached his ear, " This concubine had clearly heard earlier the Empress calling Chen Guangzhou shameless so how will this concubine easily be ashamed?-"

Cheng Bi Yu grins, "This concubine is simply stating the facts. It would be convenient for royal sister to pin the blame on a simple maid because of embarrassment," Cheng Bi Yu's eyes deliberately dart to Bao Hui Qing her clear as water voice reaching the female lead's ear, "Or was it to frame this concubine? It seems too convenient of a chance-"

Li Zhi Xin continues to fume his face red he instinctively grabbed Bao Hui Qing which she quickly flung off, "Brother Zhi Xin..." she reminded in a soft tone, "This is not the place.."