a | gotta be you

IMPORTANT NOTE:
Before we start, here are some warnings / disclaimer -
Content involves very sensitive topics (Anxiety, Longing)
Scenarios, Role of Characters, and Plot are nothing but the writers' idea

- "even if a century pass by, it's always you i'm gonna choose."

Second Person's POV

"We're Over"

These two words lingered in his mind as he sat on the ground, blankly staring at nowhere. He was hopeless, he was devastated, he was in pain. But he knew it was his fault that he ended up in this state.

If only he knew, if only he would've known. It was always about competition, always about trophies, always about winning, it was always his reputation that mattered for him. Even hurting the one whom he didn't know he would care for so much.

Every night before he goes to sleep, he'd think about you. Together with the times you spent together, oh how he wished he could stop the never ending tape and rewind to the moment, to the moment you slipped away from him.

Because as soon as he saw you in front of him, hurt and disappointment was very evident in those E/C eyes of yours. And before he knew it, he had lost you, completely.

Mark Lee was ambitious, known to be cold-hearted, and is a heart breaker. Yet, you trusted him, even anointing him with your heart. But what happened? What had he done in the end? He broke it, ripping your poor, fragile, and weak heart.

He thought you were no different than the girls he had played with. He thought you liked him because of his fame, riches, smartness, and... maybe even handsomeness. But then when you started dating.

You proved him wrong.

You adored him for everything he'd done, you congratulated him when he accomplished something, either was it good or a bad one. You loved him to bits, but he was too late to realize all of the signs you've given.

Tears once again streamed from his bloodshot eyes. He awfully regretted the times he had cheated, lied, and ruined you. He had only realized all of the bad things he'd done to you now that you were no longer his.

Mark was completely lost without you by his side. He had come to realization that he loved you dearly, maybe even more than how much you've loved him. He was surely desperate to be with you once again.

He wanted to make it up to you, he wanted to improve, he wanted to be better, he wanted to change. And it was all for you.

~The Next Day~

"Well look who's here..." He hisses, eyes narrowing down at the young boy in front of him

"Taeyong hyung, please, I just want to-" Before he could even continue, the elder had cut him off

"You've done enough, alright? I don't want Y/N coming near you. She's hurt badly beacause of you! And the fact that you were her first love and that she loved you dearly is so unbelievable, even to me" Taeyong interrupts, his harsh glare preventing Mark from looking at him

"I'm her brother, and the fact that I couldn't even do anything about it made me feel so useless. If I knew you've had different plans for her, then I would've not introduced her to you in the first place" The older continued, hurting Mark in the process but the young one knew he deserved it