a | imprint

IMPORTANT REMINDERS:
- Cursing may be applied
- Pure tragic, no happy endings
+ Suicidal thoughts
- Twilight AU because why not?

"learn to know the difference between a need and a want"

Third Person's POV

"Oh, look- he's at it again..." Rolling her eyes, Mina turns to Y/N who seemed to be in a complete daze, her fingers looking over the stacks of books inside her small compartment she calls a 'locker'.

"Just let Mark be, Mina," The girl shakes her head, closing it as soon as she had taken out her book in History, which was something she needed for her next class. "It's not our business to meddle. Plus, that's his life."

Mina slumped her shoulders while following Y/N, who was busily checking her schedule. "Yeah, of course I know that. I just pity the person he'll end up being in a relationship with. They gotta put up with the fact that no one can compare to his one and only first love..."

Y/N felt her heart breaking then and there.

~A few hours later~

"Hey sunshine! What's up?"

The girl looked over to where the voice came from, smiling as she saw the familiar figure walking towards her. Hanging out at La Push was something that Y/N considered to be 'relaxing', ever since she became a senior she hadn't particularly had any type of break seeing as she had solely put her focus upon graduating.

This is what she definitely needed:

"Hey, Mark..." Y/N mumbles as soon as he had sat beside her, she later shrugs, "I'm doing alright, I guess. Senior's being a complete asshole but it's manageable somehow,"

He nods at her replies, taking in the breathtaking view in front of them, "You're really persistent in earning that Valedictorian spot, aren't you?"

"Salutatorian is quite enough for me," Chuckling, Y/N answers, "I really, really want to go to University, so getting high grades is my priority right now."

"Damn, I honestly don't care anymore." Mark ruffles his own hair before resuming, "Just as long as I don't get C's and below, I'm cool with it."

The two continues to share a memorable as well as wholesome conversations. They had both been busy dealing with lots of things so right now was such a great time to look back, reminisce and discuss each other's futures. She missed it- she missed this, she missed talking to him even in just this way. Y/N felt that sense of longing drift away.

Until:

"Oh wait, Yeri's calling, let me just answer this..." He mumbles, now up on his feet and walking a few distances from her.

"It's always gonna be her, isn't it?" She lets out a humorless laugh, shaking her head. "Imagine I'd be his imprint. I would totally kill myself..."

Yes. Y/N knew. She knew Mark was part of a pack, and not just any pack- a wolf pack. She knew Mark was more than an ordinary human being, he was a werewolf. He had told her, he told her it was his biggest secret and that no one should know about it, not even a single hint, especially Yeri.

Yeri, Yeri, Yeri... Oh sweet, lovely Yeri, he'll never get enough of her, huh? Maybe if she'll end up being in another relationship he'd be willing to be her affa- no, Y/N. You can't think of someone that low. Not Mark at least. Thoughts, thoughts spread through her mind like wildfire. She tries to distract herself while watching Mark from afar.