i | astronomy v.s. astrology

"i have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."

Third Person's POV

It was just an ordinary day for two college students: studying, attending class lectures, doing endless tasks, powerpoint presentations, and much more. Mark, a third year college student, majoring in Bachelor of Science in Astronomical and Space Sciences, sits by the study table in his dormitory.

He had his right palm supporting his forehead as he did another run through, reading the highlighted words, sentences, and formulas for the upcoming exams the next week.

Meanwhile, another third year college student who, unlike Mark, majors in Bachelor of Arts in Astrology, sits on the couch inside of her dormitory with a stack of books laid in front of her.

Y/N had a book resting on her lap and in her right hand locates a neon pink highlighter, several notes as well as highlighters were sitting next to her as she continues to read the certain page while simultaneously whispering incoherent words.

Both of the mentioned pupils above are known to be best friends for a very long time despite huge differences between them. Mark was the quiet, organized and authoritative type of person. On the other hand, Y/N was known to be the extrovert, outgoing and very down to Earth.

Students didn't know how they could share such a strong bond despite being the literal yin and yang. All they knew was that these two were always there for one another, one way or another.

"Finally, done with exoplanets and the origin of elements," Mark huffs out in relief, closing the thick sized book as he stands up and begins to fix his things.

"Should I go check up on her?" He asks himself, taking his phone out.

There onwards, he sends Y/N several texts, closing it after as he realizes how busy she must be as of now. After battling with his subconscious, he then decides to cook for the meantime, though still awaiting for his best friend's response.

Night soon overcame the Earth's skies, stars now up in the sky, some shining so bright while some looking as if they're fading away. Y/N looks up from her book and to her window, where she gasps, seeing how dark it already was.

With that, she quickly closes her book and cleans up her things, books now being placed in their assigned shelves, reviewers and notes gently placed in a folder with the pens, highlighting materials, washi tapes and markers were put in their respective containers.

The young lady then rummages through her phone and sees the several messages Mark sent to her hours ago. Feeling extremely guilty, she immediately texts back, hoping for a quick response from him as she continuously walks back and forth: a habit she does whenever she feels bad or nervous.

"Gosh! I must've been studying for so long that I lost track of time. Ah, exams are killing me, literally!" Is what she lets out as she continues to wait for at least a quick 'hello' or so- and yes, that's how much she felt bad.

It has not been too long, Mark replied to her text with a simple greeting, "Hi.".

Y/N was very glad that he replied, and, not even feeling a bit tad angry about her not seeing his text messages sooner than later.

She could only be thankful for his kind and understanding soul.

After that, the gal didn't waste time and quickly texted him back, not letting the opportunity to, once again have a proper conversation with him after weeks, go.

Time passed by as their conversation went on, Y/N was sat on the dining table as she ate a simple yet scrumptious meal, with Mark holding a cup of hot beverage in his left hand as he comfortably laid in his bed. Minutes later, the young lady suddenly had an idea in mind, and almost an instant after thinking of that, she tells it to Mark.