•Chapter 59•

Alyssa'sPOV

I decided to let them be so I went into my room and work on homework.

LATER ON THAT NIGHT...

After some time had passed, Mark came into my room.

"Hey there, babygirl." He said with a smile.

"Hey!" I said.

He sat down on my bed next to me and kissed me.

"So, when'd you get back from Paige's?"

"About an hour ago." I answered.

"Oh! Yeah, I was hanging out with Blake. He's awesome." Mark said.

"Say that one more time and I'll slap you." I said.

"That he's awesome?" Mark asked.

"Yeah because he's not!" I said.

"Why do you hate him so much? I don't get it. I didn't even think you knew him." Mark said.

"Oh, I know him and I'm not gonna talk about it." I said.

"Well, okay. Look, whatever happened between you two in the past, maybe things now will be better. Also, he's starting school with us on Monday." Mark said.

"I'm sorry...what!?" I asked.

"Alyssa, come on. You can't hate him for the rest of your life." Mark said.

"Watch me! And if I told you what he did, you wouldn't like him either." I said.

"Then tell me." He said.

"No. I want you to find out on your own." I said.

"Well, okay then. Anyway, wanna watch Netflix and cuddle?" Mark asked.

"Name one time that I haven't wanted to do that." I said with a smile.

We put on our favorite show and got into my bed and I ended up falling asleep in his arms.

THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT...

I woke up and Mark was passed out next to me. I checked the time and it was three A.M. I got out of bed and got changed into pajamas and then I went downstairs to get a glass of water but Blake was there.

"What are you doing in here?" I asked.

"Well, can't sleep so decided to come down here and get a snack and make tiktoks." He said.

"Why did you even agree to come here?" I asked.

"Because who wouldn't agree? And I didn't even know you were here." He said.

"But you knew my brother was?"

"Wait, what?"

"Chase is my brother, Blake." I said.

"And I was supposed to know that?" He asked.

"Well, I mean, we did date and knew basically everything about each other, right?" I asked.

"Yeah. But not like I remember. That was back in middle school. I barely even remember anything about middle school."

"Whatever. Anyway, listen, don't become best friends with my boyfriend. I know exactly what you're like and know what you'll do if anything goes wrong in your friendship. Oh, and as for school, you start anything, I'll have my friends, boyfriend and brother on you. Understood?"

"Yeah. I got it." Blake said.

"Good. Now, I'm going back to bed. Goodnight." I said.

"Night." He said.

MONDAY...