•Chapter 52•

hey guys! i just wanna say thank you so much for 30k reads on this book! i'm so happy y'all are enjoying it! i'm having so much fun writing it! so yeah, thank you again and i love you all!!❤️

---

Mark'sPOV

It's been a week since prom and Alyssa has avoided everyone, including me and she keeps showing up to school late and leaving early.

Paige asked around at our school and nobody has any idea what happened to her. But I'm hoping I can maybe talk to her today.

-

9th period was just about to end when Alyssa got up and walked out of class and without saying a word to anybody, I followed her.

"Hey! Alyssa! Wait up." I said and she just kept walking. "Alyssa! Please stop avoiding me."

"What do you want, Mark?" She asked, stopping and turning around.

"What the hell happened the night of prom?" I asked and she walked away and I walked with her.

"Leave me alone and go finish class."

"You coming with me?" I asked.

"No. I'm going home." She said.

"Well, then so am I." I said and she rolled her eyes.

We walked home with barely a word to each other which was beyond awkward.

"Okay! I'm breaking this silence. Why can't you just tell me what the hell is going on?" I asked.

"If I did, you'd breakup with me." She said.

"Don't be dramatic. I would not and you know that." I said.

"I'm not so sure." She said.

We walked home and I kept trying to get her to tell me but she just ended up getting mad and going up to her room.

I sat on the couch, on my phone and Chase came in with Nick, Ondreaz, Tony and Anthony.

"Oh, hey! You're home early." Chase said.

"So is your sister. She's been skipping the end of 9th period this whole week and I walked home with her, trying to figure what the hell is wrong but she keeps refusing to tell me." I said.

"Did you try to keep asking her?" Ondreaz asked.

"Yup but that ended with her screaming at me." I said.

"Just give her so more time. I'm sure she'll tell you soon." Tony said and the boys agreed.

"I hope so. I don't what wrong with her and it worries me like crazy." I said.

LATER THAT NIGHT...