•Chapter 7•

Alyssa'sPOV

Mark went to try out for the soccer team and I sat on the bleachers and watched.

To be honest, I didn't wanna be there anymore so I called Addison and she came and got me.

When I was getting up to leave, Mark ran up to me.

"Hey! I thought you were gonna watch me tryout!" Mark said.

"I kinda wanna just go home. I'm tired. Good luck and I'll see you later." I said.

"Wait! Are you alright? You seem off. You have all day." He said.

"I'm fine. I'll see you later at the house." I said and walked over to Addison's car and threw my backpack in the back and got in the passenger seat.

"So?" She asked.

"The actual school day wasn't bad. Just, kinda upset with Mark. He promised me all week that he wouldn't leave me alone today since it was our first day and I was so much more scared than him but then, he met two guys his age in first period and they asked if he wanted to try out for the soccer team and he agreed. And I didn't think that would be bad. Giving up the plans I had for that didn't bother me. But what did, is that he kept ditching me for them all day! I had to go through the day alone." I said.

"Didn't anybody wanna be your friend?"

"Yeah but the conversation always ended with "can we make a tiktok and you tag me?"." I said.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Lyss. It's clear that you really like Mark. We've all noticed." Addison said.

"I do. He's literally all I think about at night. I'm falling for him. I know it! I've never had this feelings for a guy before. But I'm just so scared to tell him I love him." I said.

"Well, here's some advice. Tell him before you lose him. Not saying you will, just tell him soon."

"If I can work up the courage." I said.

"You will. It takes time. Believe me." She said.

LATER THAT EVENING...