Chapter Seventeen

~Brian's Point of View~

Music is the power of daily life. In good and bad moments, it gives anyone a reason to feel something. Music helps soothe the soul. It introduces personality to those who need it. It can dawn on someone's mood and take it away. I don't remember when the last time was, I was motivated to write, since Jimmy passed away.

Not only was he my best friend, but also my music partner. Most of the songs we've created, we did it together, and writing was something I mostly did with him. Waiting for the rest of the guys to arrive, I waited in the small office of Alpha Rock Radio Station, while I wrote some lyrics in a small pad, I brought with me from the car. The words suddenly came to mind as I thought about the past week.

I've been single for over two years, and I never realized how hooked up I was going to be to someone again. After my breakup with Michelle, I thought I wasn't going to like someone so much like I did with Lilian. She was a wonderful and beautiful woman who captivated my every thought.

She wasn't like the usual type of woman I was used to go out with, but she was an amazing one at that. I loved her personality. She had a great sense of humor, and even though her physical features were not of that of a model type like society described, I found her gorgeous. Her curves drove me crazy every time I hugged her, and her softness was something I wanted to feel every minute I was with her. I was mesmerized by her both on the outside and the inside.

I liked her. It was the first time in years I felt like a teenager with a crush. She was the reason why my motivation started to rise again. Thinking about our date a couple of days ago, I wrote the last quote in the pad. Soft and sweet, just like...

"Hey man, you are an early riser," Matt shouted as he walked inside the office, I was in. I smiled and closed the pad. I was the first one to arrive at the studio. The guys and I were doing an interview to give publicity to an important event the band was playing in a week.

We were taking a break, but this event was too important to pass. The annual Cancer Fundraiser taking place in Huntington Beach was an event that Avenged Sevenfold never missed to attend in its five years of service.

"Yeah, man, after my morning jog, I had nothing better to do than to be here on time," I joked. Matt sat next to me as we waited for the rest of the guys. We got to talk for a bit before Johnny, Zacky and Arin arrived. When it was time for us to go in the air, we walked to the appointed room and sat down. We all put our headphones on and waited for our cue to speak.

"Good morning, Huntington, here Robbie with the latest news concerning the band Avenged Sevenfold, who is joining today in Alpha Rock, your favorite rock station," he introduced.

All the guys, including myself, greeted. Robbie asked a few questions about the fundraiser taking place in a week. He mentioned how our break was going and asked some personal matters that Zacky and Johnny were not afraid to answer.

"So Matt, we are deeply sorry about your divorce, and we know it's a sore subject, but it has been almost a year. How's love life treating you? Is there anyone special that we should know about?" Robbie asked, smirking at Matt. We all knew what was happening with him and Anna, but because he was a private person just like I was, I doubted he was going to say her name in public.

"There is someone incredibly special to me since high school. Destiny put our paths together again, so we are just waiting to see what happens. I don't kiss and tell, so I won't say anymore. I believe in second chances, and this time I hope it will work out for the best," he replied, not saying much about her.