Chapter Eleven

Going out with friends was something I was never used to do. Anna had been my only friend over the years and as much as she tried to get me to go out with her, I was always thinking about my work.

It was strange that I was on my way to have a few drinks with Brian. He said it was best for me to leave my car at his parent's place, and to get a ride with him to Johnny's Bar. Growing up, I always heard about this place.

When Anna and Matt dated in high school, it was one of the places she told me, she hanged with them. I was always invited by her, but never brave enough to go. Even though we were always best friends, I always thought that I did not belong in her boyfriend's crowd.

As Brian drove towards the bar, we spoke about random things. I've learned more about the band and the rest of his friends. The conversation wasn't personal, but it was very intriguing to know him on a different level than just Matt's friend.

I couldn't deny that I was feeling very nervous. Brian and I were never friends, but he was being super nice to me, which surprised me a bit. People usually are judgmental of artists and those typical males that look like they belong in cover magazines. Society expects those people to be pompous or arrogant when there are still good men in the world. Brian is stunning, and he having a nice personality was just evidence of that.

As we continued our conversation, his phone went off. He answered it as he held it in his right hand. Since he was driving, he used the speaker mode.

"Hey, man," I heard a familiar voice greet on the other line of the call.

"Hey Matt, are you all there?" Brian asked, looking straight towards the road.

"Yes, but I am still waiting for Anna. She said she was coming by for a bit," Matt explained. I smiled at the thought of Matt and Anna spending so much time together since they saw each other at the reunion. After hearing that she was going to be there, I managed to calm myself a little, since having my best friend at the bar was going to be better than what I expected.

"When she gets there, tell her I have a surprise for her," Brian responded, looking my way. He winked and smirked at me. I couldn't stop the blush that covered my cheeks. I don't know what he was doing to me, but small things like this made me like his company more than I ever thought.

I haven't seen Anna, since the day of the BBQ at Matt's place. I have been in contact with her a lot, but we haven't really talked about how much time she was spending with him.

I was happy for both of them. I didn't know if they were going to continue where things left off, but I was roaring for them to be together again. She deserved happiness, and I have always known that Matt was incredibly special to her. She was never able to forgive her first and true love.

"What did you do?" Matt asked, sounding as if he was concern about Brian's comment.

"Nothing, man. We'll see you in a bit," he replied.

"We?" Matt responded as Brian laughed. At that point, I was giggling. I was also intrigued by the little game Brian was playing with his best friend. It was obvious the kind and friendly relationship he had with Matt. If people didn't know they were best friends, and if they didn't look so different physically, others might guess they were blood brothers.

After Matt gave up on asking, they both hung up the phone.

"I didn't know she was going to be there. It will be nice to see her and hang with her," I said, not looking at Brian.

"You guys don't hang out a lot, do you?"

"Well, we did in college, but after I started working at the club, we haven't had much time for anything. I miss hanging with her like we used to, so I know both she and I will be happy to have some quality time at Johnny's," I replied.