Chapter Ten

~•~

Amabelle's POV

"Why would he be hiding Bonny-Lee?" I asked her, still staring up at the ceiling in question.

Bonny-Lee rolled over slowly, with a serious look on her face. "Did your breath stink?"

I glanced at her amused face and glared. "No, but, hah hah."

She giggled and poked me in the side. "I'm just teasing."

Groaning, I dragged my hands across my eyes. The last time we spoke was a couple days ago, and since then I hadn't seen him. He hadn't even been at dinner, though the cooks told me he had been having dinner sent to his room. It was almost like he regretted telling me so much about himself in that short of time. Maybe he was ashamed of himself.

I wasn't sure, but it was driving me crazy not knowing what was going through his mind.

"Hey, I have an idea on how to get him out of his room." Bonny-Lee sat up on my bed.

"How?" I asked cautiously, wondering if perhaps just knocking on his door was a better plan than accepting whatever insane scheme Bonny-Lee had in mind.

"What if we had a celebration?" She suggested, smirking.

My eyebrows narrowed. "Okay, but what exactly are we celebrating?"

She shrugged. "I hadn't thought that far."

I laughed incredulously at her ridiculousness and paced the floor. "Well we can't exactly just make up a holiday..."

"Actually, that's not a bad idea."

I turned to her dumbfounded. "Are you kidding?"

She stood up, holding her hands up. "Hear me out, I know of an ancient holiday of sorts that our people used to celebrate, called the Lunar Festival. It probably hasn't been celebrated in decades."

My lips perked. "That could maybe, actually work..."

Bonny-Lee grinned ear to ear. "See, I'm a genius."

I smirked. "Okay then, genius, what kind of things does the Lunar Festival entail?"

Her eyes were wide. "Oh ancient rituals... lamb sacrifices under a full moon, and then there's the mating ceremonies-"

"Oh wow, okay forget that. We will have to make some new traditions then." I said.

Suddenly my door opened and in walked both Jirri and Kamil. Kamil and I shared an awkward stare, but we both said nothing. Jirri was grinning as he usually was and his eyes were twinkling.

"What are you ladies chatting about?" Jirri asked curiously.

"Well-" I started, but Bonny-Lee cut me off in her excitement.

"We're planning a celebration!" She cheerfully spouted.

Kamil looked to me, his amber eyes flashing warmth and intensity. "What kind of celebration?"

Swallowing, I got out, "It's called the Lunar Festival."

Jirri bursted out laughing. "That old festival where mates bathe each other in-"

"Yes, that one." I replied, rubbing my face in embarrassment.

Of course he knew about it. What did Jirri not know?

"We should have music, and everyone should wear themed dresses." Bonny-Lee gushed, twirling around each of us.

"I think a celebration is just what everyone needs right now," Jirri said, smiling genuinely.