Chapter 11

Nat's POV:

“Hello, family! Wow, it actually feels good now!” I said as I entered the dining room. I was trying to bury my feelings for Evan in the past and be happy because I was with Connor so I tried but it was hard.

Dan smiled and said, “Good morning, Nat. Why are you so happy today?”

I smiled and said, “I don’t know why but I know that I love you all as my family now. I’m getting used to it and soon I will be calling you dad,” I pointed at him, “you mom,” I pointed at Jenna, “and you my older bro.” I pointed at Evan.

Jenna smiled and said, “We are very happy to have you as part of the family, Nat.”

Dan said, “But, we need to talk before breakfast.”

I asked, “About?” I opened a bottle of water and starting drinking it.

Jenna said, “Your real mother is back, Nat.” I spit my water and started coughing.

Dan stood up fast and patted my back as he asked, “Are you okay?” I nodded as my voice came back to normal.

Jenna said, “I’m sorry, Nat.”

I said, “Don’t worry, Jenna. And, what mother are you talking about because, as far as I’m concerned, I never had a mother. My real mother is dead for me.”

Dan said, “Nina is her name. The women that left you when you were born.”

“Oh. Well, what does she want me to do? Forgive her? Because none of that is happening. Whenever you see her please tell her to leave me the hell alone and that I hate her. I never want to see her.” I said.

“She wants to tell you some things and wants to meet you at your grans next week.” Jenna said.

I asked, “What should I do?”

Dan said, “You should talk to her, I guess.”

I looked at Jenna and she said, “It’s up to you but I think that talking to her will be more proper.”

I turned my gaze to Evan and he said, “I don’t know. If she were my mom, I would talk to her but it’s yours so it’s your decision. I love my mom, I could never hate her. She’s the best mom on earth.” 

“Mmm…I have to think first. And, please keep her out of here until I say when I want to see her. And, she’s Nina not my mother.”

“Hi, Nat.” I turned around and faced Connor. He was standing at the doorway of the living room.

I said, “Hey, Connor. How are you?” He kissed me and sat down next to me on the couch.

He said, “I’m happy with you. So, what’s up with this Nina lady?”

She was supposed to be my mother but…”

Hannah entered the living room and asked, “Where is…?” She froze when she saw Connor.

I stood up and said, “Yes, hello to you, too. He’s in his room. This is my fiancé Connor. Connor, that's Hannah, Evan’s girlfriend. The ‘pregnant’ chick.”

Connor smiled and said, “Nice to meet you, Hannah.”

Hannah ran upstairs to Evan’s room without a word which was very rude in my opinion. Something was extremely wrong here.

I asked, “You want to talk here or over at my side of the mansion?”

“At your side.”

We headed to the other side and when we got there, we sat down on the couch and I said, “Okay, Nina was supposed to be my mother but she left me when I was born. I’ve hated her since I found out. I don’t know anything about her, I didn’t even know her name until yesterday and now she’s back and wants to meet me next week.”

Connor said, “Well, she gave you birth and, since you don’t know anything about her, I think that you should get to know her but it’s up to you.” He held me closed to him and started kissing my neck 

I giggled and whispered, “It tickles, Connor.” He pushed me on the couch and started kissing me roughly. He was strong like extremely, “Connor, I…can’t…breath.” He kissed my neck to the middle of my chest and then moved back up to my mouth. He stopped and pulled me his lap.

He whispered, “I’m sorry, Nat. I can’t control myself around you.”

“Right. Who can’t?” I said, jokingly.

He said, “I can’t. Anyways, we should get married during summer, don’t you think so? Is it too early?”

I stood up and said, “No, I think that it’s fine. But, I have one more year of school.”

“I will let you go to school if it’s what you want."

“You know, you’ve taught me a lot. You are an amazing person, Connor.”

“So are you, Nat. I want to help whenever you need help. I want to be there to protect you. You are the best and most beautiful person in the world.”

“Thank you, Connor.” Suddenly, I started feeling dizzy and I grabbed the wall. 

Connor asked, “Nat? Are you okay?”

“I…can’t….” I fell on the floor and fainted.

*****

Evan's POV:

Hannah and I were just going to leave when Kelly came running from Nat’s side of the mansion.

I asked, “Kelly, what’s wrong? Are you okay?”

She said, “No, Mr. Evan. Nat…Nat fainted and we need the family doctor.”

“I’ll get my dad and call the doctor.” She nodded and headed to the meeting room, I turned to Hannah, “I’m sorry but we can’t go out today. Go home and I’ll call you as soon as I can to rearrange the date.” I kissed her quickly and ran to my dad’s office.

I knocked and he said, “Come in.”

I slammed the door open and said, “Nat fainted, dad. Kelly is getting the family doctor.”

He ran out of the room without a word and I followed him to Nat’s side of the mansion. What the hell happened to her now?