Chapter 5

A/N:

Here's just a bonus as of now because I'm still finishing this book an I couldn't wait 'till next week to upload so...yeah.

If you think I deserve a vote, comment, please do so! :) I'd appreciate it! Maybe even fan?

Thanks! :)) && Enjoy!!!! 

- RebelGirl2/Luzy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Evan's POV:

When I got home from school, I saw Nat’s car already parked in the garage. I had a feeling that her being in the house will bring a lot of trouble to the family. Yesterday was her first day at the mansion and she was already giving dad ideas of a boarding school because of her behavior. She switched school and went to West High, Silver High’s enemy. Silver High is where she used to go.

After I parked my car in the garage next to hers, I headed inside the mansion and walked right in the middle of a fight between my dad and Nat.

“You can’t do that!” She yelled.

“Natalia, it’s for the best.” He said. I stopped at the door and watched them. She had a red cheerleader outfit in her hand. So she lied to Allison?

“There’s only one person that can call me that and it’s not you. Oh, and I’m not going to follow your rules, Mr. Richwood. Not now, not in a million years.”

Dad said, “I’m not letting you try out for cheerleading and that’s final.”

“But you let your son do whatever he wants!” She spat at him which took him by surprise. Her words had so much hatred in them, “If you hadn’t screwed around with two woman at the same time, none of this would’ve happen. It wasn’t supposed to, Dan.”

I went in and said, “Nat…” She looked at me and I saw the tears in her eyes, “I’m sorry for everything that happened. I know that you might hate dad now but…”

“I don’t have a father!” She snapped.

“You have to get used to it…sis.” It took a lot of courage to say those words out loud but I had to get used to it.

She laughed and said, “As far as I’m concerned, I don’t have a father, I don’t have a mother, and I certainly don’t have a brother so excuse me. I’m going out for tonight so don’t look for me when your family dinner is ready.”

She walked to her side of the mansion while shaking her head.

I turned to dad and he said, “She’s going to be a lot of trouble, now.”

I sighed, nodded and said, “Yeah, she is. But, as her father, you have to get used to it and talk to her as soon as possible. Before she gets out of control more than she is.”

“You’re right, son. I will talk to her when she comes back tonight or tomorrow. She was never a bad girl when…well, the past. She was sweet, nice, innocent, and funny. She’s the total opposite, now.”

“Dad, the secret you kept from her is going to kill her slowly if you don’t talk to her soon. I know her and it will. I’m telling you. She might get involved with others, alcohol, drugs. She’s a bad girl when she’s pissed off.”

“You know her so well, Evan.”

“Yeah, I’ve known her for almost three years now.”

“That is good. You could talk to her about…”

“Dad, don’t. It’s too hard and I’m not ready to face her as a brother, yet. I need time. Give me that, old man.”

He laughed and patted me on the back, “You have all the time in the world.”

“Thank you, dad.”

During dinner, dad asked Kelly to check on Nat. She went and came back saying that Nat was nowhere to be seen. We spend two hours searching the whole mansion for her but nothing. Her car was still parked in the garage so she must’ve left walking or something.

At almost 12 am, we were still in the living room waiting for her to come home. We heard the front door open and close. We stood up; she walked inside the room, looking drunk and some scratches on her neck and right cheek. When she saw us, she stopped dead in her tracks. Her eyes were bloodshot red; she covered her neck and right cheek quickly with her hair and walked inside the living room. I was too shocked to speak.

She had her head down and walked funny, she almost fell but dad caught her and asked, “Where the hell were you, Nat?”

“No-where.” She answered and her voice was low and trembling, as if she’d been crying all night.

Mom asked, “Honey, are you okay?” My mom loved her like her own daughter, always have.

“Fine.” She muttered. Dad laid her down on the couch with mom’s help.

“Where were you?” He asked.

“Leave…me…lone.” She stuttered.

“How in god’s name did you get in a bar or club!?” He yelled.

She covered her ears with her hand, smiled, and said, “I have contacts, Dan. You can’t keep me locked up all my life.” She stood up, “You really thought I couldn’t speak or walk right even though I’m half drunk?”

Mom asked, “Where did the scratches on your neck come from?”

“Oh, that. I kinda got in a fight with this Hannah chick at the club, we fought, and she scratched me. She’s lucky if she gets out of the hospital tomorrow or the day after.” My eyes widened.

“What the hell did you do to that girl?” I asked.

“Nothing big. Just a broken knuckle which was her fault for hitting the road concrete, a broken nose from a punch, scratches on her pretty face and a bird nest on her head. Not much.” Mom and Dad stared at her in shock, “Oh, by the way, I’m not going to school tomorrow.”

Dad asked, “What?”

“Rather today. Um, I’m not going to school because I will smell like alcohol which is not very lady-like and I’m tired. See ya.” She headed to her side of the mansion and left my parents and me staring at each other. 

**************************************************************************************************************

Please, vote, comment, fan? If you think I deserve it but I entered this story on the Watty Awards and I'd like some support!!!

Thanks!! :))

Again.

Family Secrets (Rewriting)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें