Chapter 4

A/N: Vote, comment, like, ADD TO YOUR READING LIST!!!!!

Cover by BrokenLullaby!!!

Nat's POV:

I arrived at Evan's mansion on Saturday wearing a black t-shirt, black jeans, and black converse. I left my hair hanging loose around my shoulders. Mr. Richwood went to pick me up and bring me to my new 'home' but I didn't take his offer and took my own car. Thank god nobody at school found out and I was safe. I didn't go to school anymore because I was switching schools. I was going to go to West high, a very popular school these days.

We parked the cars in his big garage and headed inside the mansion. It was big, very luxurious and brand new looking. He asked one of the chauffeurs to take my two suitcases to my 'new' room on the right side of the mansion and then we headed inside. I followed him inside, actually.

"You will have a whole section of the mansion to yourself, Nat." Mr. Richwood said.

I muttered, "Whatever."

When he opened the door, there was a "Welcome home, Nat!" scream and sign.

Evan's dad said, "We wanted to surprise you. You are part of this family, now."

I said, "I don't want any surprises from you or your family. Can I go to my room now?"

Evan's mom came out, put her arms around me and said, "Hello again, Nat. No, you may not. We are having dinner and then Kelly is helping you to get comfortable."

I looked at the people in the room with a questioning look. There were about twenty but I'm not telling how they look because I don't care. Sorry if that was rude.

"Nat, this is..." I saw Evan in between those people and turned to his dad.

I said, "Can I go to my 'room'? I'm not interested in meeting your family because I have my own."

He said, "Nat, watch your mouth. In this house you will respect everyone."

"This choice was as dumb as hell, then." I looked at some of the maids that were around and I spotted Kelly. I knew her because I used to come to Evan's when...well, before the secret, "Kelly!"

She looked at me and said, "Yes, Miss Taylor?" She was in her late 30's and early 40's. Tall, slender, brown hair, black eyes and very pretty.

I smiled and said, "Show me to my new 'room', please?"

She nodded, "Right this way, Miss."

I nodded and followed her while I said, "Oh, and by the way, I'm Natalie Taylor." I smiled to myself and followed Kelly to the other side of the mansion.

We stopped at one of the doors and she said, "This is your room, Miss." She opened the door and I saw one of the most beautiful rooms I've ever seen in my life before.

I gasped and said, "Thank you, Kelly. By the way, call me Nat. I like it better that way."

"I can't, Miss. The Richwood's are very used to their formal ways."

"First, I'm not a Richwood, I'm a Taylor. Second, I don't care what they think. And, third, I'm ordering you not telling you. If they get upset, tell me and I'll talk to them."

"Yes, Nat."

"Thank you, Kelly. You may leave, I will put up my own things." She nodded and left without another word.

I sat on the bed and pressed my fingers on it. It was very soft and it looked extremely comfortable. My phone rang and I answered it.

I said, "Hello?"