2) The new girl A.K.A the princess

"Attention students! We have a new student in our class today. This is Belladona Favorleigh," announced the teacher.

She was a pretty, slim girl, about fourteen years old. She had rosy pink cheeks and bright blue eyes. Her golden hair fell down her back and curled at the bottom. She was dressed in a bright pink frilly frock and light pink leggings. She wore glass slippers to complete her princess like appearance. The only thing missing was the tiara.

"Greetings everybody! I, Belladona Favorleigh, am proud to grace this class by my presence," announced Belladona.

"Belladona, have a seat, please." The teacher hid her smile and gestured towards a seat near her table. Bella bowed slightly to the class and moved towards her seat very gracefully.

A few students giggled and the girl sitting beside her actually laughed scornfully and turned away.

During the lesson the girl sitting behind Bella kicked her chair. She turned around and was pleased to see that she was being passed a note.

It said:

"Hi! My name is Jane. (Plain name, I know.) I don't have any friends. Will you be my friend? Please!"

"P.S. I like you very much."

Bella turned around and smiled sweetly at Jane.

At lunch time, Jane joined Bella at her table with her lunch tray. "Mind if I join you, Belladona?"

"Not at all," replied Bella.

Jane sat beside her.

"So, what does your father do?" asked Bella.

"He is a clerk at the airport. We are not very well off but Dad gets a fund for our education. That's why I am able to come to this school, even if I don't fit in." Jane lowered her eyes and looked at her worn out shoes as she said so.

"And yours?" she asked.

"My father owns a chain of hotels and restaurants across all the big cities. That is why keep moving from one city to another..."

The two friends chattered away happily.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"How was first day of school Sweetie?" Bella's mother asked.

"It was fine, Mom."

"That's unusual. Usually your first day's a flop. Your classmates laugh at your appearance and manners," said her Mother.

"Many girls laughed at me but I actually made a friend," replied Bella.

"How come?" asked her Mother.

"Well, Jane has no friends because she does not belong to a rich family" said Bella.

"In others words, she is poor," her mother made a face.

"Mom why do you always consider the status of any friend I make," asked Bella.

"I don't want you mixing with lower class people. They are just after your money," said her Mother.

"Jane is a perfectly nice girl. And if you want me to stay happy at that school, you are going to allow me to have her as a friend," said Bella firmly.

"Poor people are never loyal."

"She defended me when everyone else was laughing at me today."

"Please don't argue with me, Belladona."

"I don't wish to," she said and stamped up the stairs, all the way to her room.

She clenched her right hand into a fist and raised it towards a vase standing on a side table. A force field began to form. She opened her hand and the force field expanded to cover the whole vase. Then she jerked her hand upwards. The vase flew five feet high in the air and fell down with a crash. It was smashed to bits.

This took only three seconds. Whenever she was angry her anger came out in the way of her extraordinary powers. She floped on her bed and started brooding over her mother's behaviour. Her mother was never genuinely pleased on her success. She expressed surface emotions for her, but deep down there was nothing.