11) The information at last

Alexandra Parker was drumming her fingers on her desk and was humming to the rhythm.

She was sitting in her office all by herself. She was thinking of a plan to capture the boy and the others. She was bursting with excitement at the thought of all the money she would get when she got hold of the five children, and then ruled over the world. When she couldn't think of a suitable plan, she decided to crack the code of the microchip.

She inserted the chip into the computer and started pressing the keys quickly. She checked the model and security programmes. In about half an hour, she secured the information by jamming the 'self destruct' programme.

She started cracking the code. After the hard work of three hours she was still at the beginning. She sighed and took out the chip. She decided to open it up. It was risky but she had to do it anyway.

So, cursing under her breath, she connected two wires to opposite sides of the chip and passes a small electric current of 0.1 ampere through it. She inserted the chip back into the computer and waited for it to beep.

There were only two possibilities, the data would have burnt or the information would be exposed.

On hearing the beep, she crossed her fingers and clicked on the folder. She was overjoyed to see that the data was safe.

She clicked open the file and her feeling of joy turned to that of agony and wrath.

This time there were only three bold words on the screen:

"In your face!"

In extreme rage, Alexandra took out her revolver and emptied all the bullets into the screen. She slammed her fist on the table and kicked it. The penholder clattered to the floor. She stamped on the pencils and pens.

She was still seething with anger when she heard someone knocking at the door.

"Come in," she said, trying to control her anger.

Her number two, Sylvester, entered the room. She was usually very friendly and informal with him, but he was still afraid of her sudden outbursts of temper.

He at once sensed that there was something wrong.

He glanced at the tattered stuff in the room and said timidly, "er... Alexandra."

She kept glaring at him, her eyes flashing with anger.

"Miss," he added uncertainly.

"What is it?" she barked.

"I'm afraid I have some bad news," he stopped, debating whether he should tell her or not.

"GET LOST!" Alexandra shouted.

She picked up a glass full of water and flung it at him. It smashed into his face. The blood trickled down from the cuts and brought Alexandra back to her senses.

She pressed the intercom button and ordered her secretary to send in the doctor.

The doctor was a young and lively man. He had handsome features with thick, jet black hair. He had a naughty twinkle in his bright blue eyes. He always had an air about him that he was upto some mischief.

He knocked at the door and entered her office. He was carrying a first aid kit with him. He washed Sylvester's face and applied spirit on the cuts. He hummed as he worked.

A wave of anger welled up in Alexandra as he saw how jolly Dr. Walter looked.

She controlled her anger and said, "you are on duty, Walter. Stop humming."