14) The unrevealed secret

Bella was furious. She ran upstairs to her room and banged the door shut. She flung herself onto her bed. Any other girl would have let out her anger in the form of tears, but Bella was not 'any other girl'. She was one of the five chosen ones.

They were any different as day and night, as black and white, as sky and earth. As different as they could be, but they had one quality in common, they were all very brave.

So, Bella did not cry. Instead, she let the extreme power radiate from her furious heart to her arms and sent it to her hands. She clenched her hands into fists and eyed the large cupboard with anger. Her eyes burned as if needles were being inserted into them, but this particular feeling did not hurt her. It made her feel special. Powerful. In control.

She opened her fists as she jerked her hands downwards. BOOM! The huge cupboard crashed to the floor. Lots of bangs were heard from within.

Bella got into her bed and covered her face with her fluffy pink blanket. After a few minutes she heard someone knocking at the door. She ignored the sound and closed her eyes.

"Belladona dear, I need to talk to you," said her mother in her sweetest voice.

"I don't," yelled Bella.

"That's a bit harsh," said her mother and opened the door.

"What the? I mean how did this happen?" she pointed to the fallen cupboard, "I thought the bang came from the attic. Don't tell me you made it fall," she said by way of joke but Bella stiffened.

"How could I make a huge cupboard like that fall," said Bella.

"Just asking. How did it fall?" mused her mother, "I will have someone look into the matter. You could have been standing near it when it fell."

Bella rolled her eyes.

"That's immature, Belladona," her mother said, annoyed.

"Whatever!" said Bella.

"See! That's why I don't want you making conversation with people of lower class. Thay don't have any manners. And now you are starting to talk like them," said her mother.

"Blah, blah, blah!" said Bella.

"How dare you behave like that?" hissed her mother, her eyes wide.

"How dare you behave like that?" mimicked Bella in a high pitched, baby voice.

"Well, I don't think we have to keep this up any longer," said her mother to herself, gave Bella a sad look and left.

Bella shrugged off her mother's odd behaviour. She got out of bed and closed the door before bursting into laughter. That felt good! Being cheeky and using 'lowdown' language in front of her mother always made her feel happy.

She picked up her tablet and noted Jane's number on her diary. Her mother might delete it from her tablet.

She called Jane to give her the news, "hi! This is Belladona speaking."

"Oh, hello Bella. Jane here."

"How you doin'" said Bella, hesitating a bit.

"So cute," squealed Jane, where did you pick that one from?"

"I apologise for..."

"No need to apologise for using normal language."

"If you don't mind, can you elaborate that?"

"I mean to say that you use words that are formal. In fact, they are more than formal. They are high and mighty. If you get what I mean."

"How can I change my manner of speaking?"