"John," she tosses a scarf that's for his mum at him, smile on her own face, "Stop it. And get that wrapped."

It takes them at leat another hour to finish up the wrapping and once she's made sure that all of Arthur's stuff is in a neat pile, Roxanne yawns and stretches her arms above her head.

"Go to bed, love," John whispers, catching hold of her hand, "I'll get the mess."

"Are you sure?"

He nods, "Gotta try and get the cats in, don't I?"

"Thank you," she breathes, bending down to press a kiss to his lips, "Don't know what I'd do without you. Remember and unplug the camera too."

He kisses her again, "Go to bed."

She returns her scissors and sellotape to the kitchen cupboard, shutting off the light as she heads for the stairs.

"Hey,"

She stops, looking back before she leaves the room, "Yeah?"

"Merry Christmas, Roxy."

++|++

The next morning, the young parents decided that they weren't going to wake early - just rising when Arthur did at his normal time. There was no point in disturbing the little one's routine and besides, he'd just get cranky sooner in the day.

John is the one who hears him stirring, gently nudging Roxanne awake before climbing out of bed to go fetch him.

She sits up, rubbing the sleep from her eyes before looking at the clock. Right on time.

Many people couldn't say that their child has a routine but Arthur, he did. He woke up every morning at 8:30. He definitely got that from John. Roxanne was all over the place.

Hearing her boys heading towards her, she stretches, holding out her arms out for the child as soon John steps back into the bedroom.

John smiles as he hands him over, watching as Roxanne cradles him against her chest. He can't believe how big he's gotten - that he'll be one in less than three months. It felt like it was just yesterday that they were bringing him home from the hospital.

"Merry Christmas baby," Roxy murmurs, booping Arthur gently on the nose, which makes him smile, "Are you excited to see what everyone's got you? I'm sure you're going to be so spoiled, aren't you?"

"I'm going to get the camera," John says excitedly, "I want to get all of this...wait here."

She does as he says, sitting Arthur down between her legs, resting her chin gently on top of his head so he can play with her hair. She too couldn't believe how fast he was growing - she didn't want him to grow up. He was just too perfect and adorable that she wanted him to stay this small forever.

"You need to stop growing," she whispers, hearing John calling that they could come down now.

Arthur whines when she stands, effectively halting his playtime but she gently shushes him.

She's gotten quite used to John always filming - more so now since he's convinced that Arthur is going to say his first word soon.

To her relief, he's not stood at the bottom of the stairs because today would be the day that her foot would slip or something nd he would have it all on tape.

He's setting it up on the coffee table, looking through the viewfinder to make sure it's pointing at the somewhat large pile of gifts and he presses record as Roxy sits herself down.