[191] Money Hungry [RQ]

Prompt: Niall does whatever it takes to get money in his pocket, but his brother doesn't take kindly to this mindset of his. He decides to take matters into his own hands and give Niall a better life with a person who can treat him better, especially with money.

Requested by: SarahBroch

Niall took a long look around his room, not noticing the figure standing in his doorway. He heard a slight cough which drew him towards this being, smiling a little at the presentation of it. "What're you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at work," he questioned his brother.

"I have the day off today, so I decided to come by and check on you, to see if things were going well since we last spoke." Greg takes a seat next to Niall on the bed, keeping his gaze on him the entire time.

"I'm doing fine, have a client in a few hours, but fine either way."

Greg sighs. "That is the main reason why I wanted to check on you. I'm tired of seeing those statuses you make on social media about how you're so drained and exhausted from all that you've decided to use your body for. It isn't healthy, especially at a young age." Greg clenches his jaw. "I want you to be happy, not by giving your body for money to some men who enjoy taking advantage of your 20-year-old body. You deserve a better life."

Niall averts his eyes to the near nubs of his fingertips and inhales sharply before replying. "I know what I've been doing is unsafe and stupid of me, but there is no way that I can find someone with enough money and patience for me. You know I tried, but-"

"But, I did find somebody for you. We have been talking about you for a few months now, at my work, and I showed him a few pictures. He seems to really fancy you, and he has a lot of money in his pockets. I was hoping that would entice you enough to stop doing this type of work you're in."

Niall looked back up at his brother. "Really? What's his name? Can you tell me all about him right now?" He was excited, to say the least.

Greg lets out a short laugh. "Yeah, his name is Liam Payne. He's 26 years old, about 5'10, has a lovely and giving personality, doesn't have any kids, doesn't judge anybody, and he definitely has an attraction towards you."

Niall licks his lips, picking up his phone to tell his client that he won't be able to make it before blocking the number and sighing in relief. "Do you think we could meet tomorrow? Can you let him know?"

"Oh, I was going to have you meet tomorrow, anyway. Be ready in the morning, ten sharp." Greg smiles and stands up to scurry out of the room in order to avoid the pleas of Niall who doesn't like waking up that early in the morning.

Niall sighs and falls back into his bed though, shooting right back up to slip off his shirt and socks before turning off his light. He sets an alarm for nine in the morning and lets his eyes fall shut to sleep for the morning ahead of him. He didn't know how Liam looked, but he was ready for a pleasant surprise because he trusted his brother's judgment.

When he woke up, Niall immediately took a shower, brushed his teeth, slathered on some deodorant, and found some decent clothing to wear. He didn't bother tidying up his hair after slipping on his black jeans and a baby blue button-up shirt. He took his time to trek down the stairs and hear his doorbell go off.

Niall clears his throat, wrapping his hand around the doorknob to twist it open and reveal the man standing on the other side. He was awestruck.

"Hello, you must be Niall. You look a lot more gorgeous in person." Liam's smile was glowing, shaven face and prince charming-like hair sending Niall into cloud nine when he finally got a full look of Liam.

"Thank you, erm. Would you like to come inside, or do you want to head to wherever you're taking me for the night?"

"I would like to take you out as soon as possible if that's alright with you?"

Niall grins. "Of course, I don't mind." He slips on a light jacket, with some subtle help from Liam, before they both walked down to the vehicle that instantly shocked Niall when he was able to view it. "My brother was right when he said you had money."

Liam chuckles slightly, opening the passenger's seat door with an evident glow on his face. "I do have quite a bit of money in my pocket, yes. I can disclose all of what I have to you if you'd like. I love talking about my successes and riches that came from them, especially to someone who could possibly own my heart and ring in the future."

Niall licks his lips and averts his eyes away from Liam once they entered the car together. "Oh, you already have a ring, huh?" Looking away from somebody makes him feel less uncomfortable when discussing big topics like this one. "I guess I should feel flattered unless you've had this ring for past relationships."

Liam purses his lips, following it up with a simple shake of his head. "No, I bought it this morning. Been daydreaming about the perfect scenery of a wedding, and I couldn't resist buying a ring that I've thought about for years."

Niall didn't know what to say, to an extent. "I feel awfully flattered, but I think we should hold off on that idea for a little while. I'd love to get to know you first." He was making eye contact with Liam now, earning a gentle touch to his left thigh as a result.

"Oh, you'll get to know plenty of me throughout our time together, especially during our first date today."

And Niall did learn a lot. He knew more about Liam's past, how he became so rich, and why Liam liked and adored him so much. Since Greg had given Niall a bit of a boost in terms of pairing them up together, their first date went better than Niall thought.

He found himself entangled in Liam's arms later that night, basking in the vanilla scent and gentle caresses he was given. He felt safe here, not mutilated nor used in any type of way.

Liam made him feel safe and comfortable, finally.

~*~

Author's Note: I finally wrote another one-shot, even if it is short! Hopefully, you all enjoyed this still. Love y'all x