[180] Exhaustion [RQ]

Prompt: Niall feels overworked to the point of not being able to stand up straight, but his lover is too busy to even notice.

Requested by: Aguerzz

Performing on tour had its benefits and good moments, but Niall couldn't handle the continuous trend of not sleeping for a decent amount of time and using even more of his energy by playing the guitar and singing his heart out. The loss of energy causes him to perform poorly or even not at all on some nights, thus putting him in a bad situation and worrying the fans altogether.

Niall hoped that Liam would take notice of this exhaustion that has burdened him, but he figured out Liam was too focused on writing songs and preparing for their next album in One Direction alongside Harry. This gave Niall no attention from his lover, only Louis who was alert on his situation but not enough.

“You really should take it easy for these next, few performances. You've been working extremely hard on and off stage, so it's reasonable for you to take a breather and focus on your health before everything else. The fans will understand.”

Niall sighs, strumming softly on his guitar as he sat in his dressing room across from Louis who sat on a different couch. “I don't want to disappoint them. Ever since the beginning, I've had this mindset of wanting to put my entire effort into performing and making everyone proud.” He clenches his jaw. “This passion grew worse when Liam and I began dating a few years ago, and he was constantly worried about me and my state of health, but now he's focused more on pumping out songs and making the fans happy because they've given him such a good life. I understand why he's doing all of this, but I miss him.”

Louis pouts, patting Niall's knee right before standing up. “He will put some time into spending it with you again, but work is really important for Liam as well. He wants the fans to stay.”

Niall bites the inside of his right cheek gently, trying not to get frustrated over this situation, thus failing when he sets his guitar down to grab a bottle of water to dampen his throat.

“I miss him completely... I miss his arms around me when we fall asleep together in a cold bed.” Niall feels chills run along his spine at the thought of him and Liam cuddling again after so long of being apart from each other. He needed to feel his warmth.

Louis hums and takes Niall's right hand with his left. “Let's go out there and perform with the best of our abilities. Afterward, we'll go out for dinner and solidify this perfect day, how about it?” A grin makes its way onto his face.

Niall smiles a little and stands up with Louis in order to make their way right beneath the stage. Harry and Liam stood waiting there, allowing Niall to earn a hug and generous kiss to both of his temples from a concerned Liam.

“How are you feeling? You look a bit flushed. Do you need to sit down the whole time?”

Niall shook his head, not wanting to worry Liam and causing Louis to roll his eyes because he wanted Niall to be honest. “I will be okay, don't worry about me. Enjoy yourself out there. I just want you to be there for me tonight in the hotel room. Would it be okay this one time?” He earns a subtle nod.

“If working on the songs go well after the concert, then I promise to be there for you as soon as I'm finished. You know how important music is to me.”

Niall sighs, giving him a short nod before pulling away, wanting to get ready to sing for the huge and beautiful crowd that'd accompany him for three hours.

The concert went well for the first two, Niall maintaining a stable maneuvering system he figured out on his own. This could only last for a certain amount of time since Niall eventually grew a bit fatigue, trying his best to remain even on the stage beneath him, but he eventually loses his footing and passes out right onto the cold floor. Darkness clouds over his eyesight as the crowd goes quiet, the boys and security running to his aid.