[186] High School Sweethearts

Prompt: Niall has a list of steps that boys should follow when dating him. Would any of them be willing to handle it all?

“Can I be honest with you,” Niall asked his best friend of ten years, Louis, as they sat in the cafeteria together. He earned a short glance and a gentle nod. “I want to make some sort of list or steps to post online, so boys know what I want out of a relationship and life in general. It'd be easier for them to approach me if they knew what boundaries and rules I require in a loving and sexual relationship.”

Louis couldn't hold back a soft laugh. “You really think it'd make that much of a difference to put yourself out there like that? I know we are pretty popular, but I believe doing that would make it all the more toxic to deal with. If you insist though, I won't stop you for what's to come out of this.”

Niall smiles proudly to himself as Louis had his face glued to the pages within a thick book. “Great! I'll post it right now!”

Louis's eyes immediately widened, and he was too late to intervene since Niall clicked post with a bright grin shining across his youthful face and glowing teeth.

Niall's step for gaining his love:
Step 1: You must accept that I'm a little out my mind sometimes.
Step 2: This is a waste if you can't walk me down the finish line.
Step 3: Give me passion, don't make fun of my fashion.
Step 4: Give me more, more, and more.
Step 5: You can't be scared to show me off and hold my hand.
Step 6: If you can't put in the work, I don't know what you think this fücking is.
Step 7-11: If you cheat, you will die.

Louis examined the list in awe, never expecting to see such responsibilities and boundaries held on Niall's relationships. He didn't disagree with any of the steps boys must follow, though.

“Do you think anybody is going to come up and admit they'll follow through with all of this?” Louis wanted to be sure that his best friend would be up for this kind of task. He didn't want Niall to find himself suffering through a trial of yes and no's to boys.

“I know a majority of the boys in this school. I've done my research, and since my mother works here as the principal, I have details on all of their school records. I want a boy who will behave and do well in school, not someone who slacks off and misbehaves like a child. I want a mature boy in my life.”

Louis hums, taking care to notice a group of guys walking up to Niall with smirks along their faces. This school was mostly filled with openly gay guys and girls, so it wasn't surprising to see a line of them approach Niall in such an intimidating way.

“We saw your post, and-”

“I can tell, no need to explain. Keep this line going and do your best to try and win me over. Don't all disappoint me.”

For the rest of the lunch hour, Niall met with boy after boy in the line while reading over their academic history each time. This lead to most of them earning a kind decline and broken hearts because they all genuinely adored Niall.

It was all horrible until Liam Payne stepped up to the table, surprising Niall who didn't expect him to even breathe the same air in such a close radius. He gave Liam a kind smile.

“You think you have what it takes to win me over? I never thought I'd see the light of day become so bold.” A smirk etched onto Niall's face when Liam bent over and got close to his face.

“I guess we're both just so full of surprises today, huh? I didn't expect you to become so cocky to the point of you setting this all up and not expecting me to come on by to try and win your precious heart of solid gold.”