[194] Play Date

A/N: Hello, lovelies! I decided to finally do a one-shot about Play Date, and I'm using the TikTok version as a reference because I feel like it fits the vibe of this short story. I hope you enjoy and remember to leave some love :) thanks for reading x

~*~

Niall laid underneath his blanket, phone clutched in either hand while anticipating a text from his boyfriend. This was his usual routine on a Friday night after school, knowing that his boyfriend would be alone and wanting something from Niall. He grew used to this rather fast, but he didn't mind it, at the beginning of their relationship.

With his phone in his hands, the uniform text slid down from the top of the phone, and a smile spread across his face.

From Liam: Respond, so I can call you x

Niall entered a quick ‘ok’ into their messages and Liam's face popped at the center of his phone in an instant, signaling a phone call.

“Hello? What's going,” Niall spoke with an evident smile upon his face.

“Can you come over? There are some things I wanna show you that I've only brushed on. It'll be fun, I promise.”

Niall stood at the front of Liam's house, heart beating fast against his chest as he reached his finger forward to ring the doorbell. He didn't get the chance to do so as Liam had opened it, instead.

“Hi, love. Come on in.” Liam, who was shirtless, took his hand and closed the door behind him, pinning Niall right against it while locking the wooden entrance. “Nobody's home for the weekend,” he muttered into Niall's ears, hands running along the frailer one's sides.

“Oh, yeah,” Niall responded just as soft. “What does that mean for us, hmm?” He put his hands on Liam's muscled chest and licked his lips as Liam had nipped his left earlobe with care.

“Let's do a little hide and seek in my sheets... could be fun. What do you say?” Liam pulled back and locked eyes with Niall. He earned a groan when rubbing against his boyfriend.

“Don't have to ask me twice, t-take me there.”

It all happened so fast that Niall couldn't even process it as he found himself lying in his bed again after about an hour. He didn't understand himself or Liam at this point in their relationship.

Did Liam have a genuine level of care towards him? Was their relationship real? Was there a point in continuing to go back to Liam, even though it seemed like Liam didn't even care about him?

He was lost, confused, and frustrated. If he tried talking about it with Liam, he knew nothing would work out in his favor. Liam never wanted to talk about his feelings or their relationship, it was always just about sex, needing a favor, or asking for something in general. Niall never cared at first because he loved taking care of his friends and loved ones, but it became overbearing and outrageous.

Niall wanted and deserved more out of a relationship, but Liam seemed to disagree with every encounter they shared. He knew that he had to stand up for himself at some point and it'd be soon.

“Liam, we need to talk.” Niall had sat down with him after an actual date, facing him with a serious expression. “It's about us and our relationship, and we need to figure it out before I go crazy.”

“What's your problem with it? Aren't we having fun?”

Niall sighed, biting his bottom lip carefully when twiddling his thumbs. “We are, it's just... I don't want our relationship to be based on just having sex, you know? I want there to be romance, sensuality, dates like tonight. I want to feel loved, not lusted over, all the time. I'm tired of always chasing for that feeling, chasing over you to want what I desire. It's becoming pointless.”

Liam looked right at Niall, brow furrowed and lips pursed in a way that oozed anger. “So the sex isn't enough to show you that I love you? 'Cos when I have sex with you, I put a lot of effort into it, and I figured that'd be enough. I don't want to sugarcoat it and I don't want to be lovey-dovey, it's gross.”

Niall clenched his jaw, enough for Liam to cross his arms in frustration. “I'm not asking for much, I just want to make sure that you love and care about me. Sex shouldn't symbolize either of those things. I wanna give you everything, what you need, what you want from me, but I also want stuff in return, yet you don't deliver. How do you think that makes me feel, deep down?”

Liam shook his head, distraught. “I kiss you when we have sex when you leave, when we first come together, isn't that enough? I'm just not that type of person. Call me an asshole all you want, but I have boundaries, and maybe they're dumb, but it's how I am.”

Niall stood up. “Then maybe we're not meant to be together.” He turned to face the door and walk away, but Liam grips his wrist and forces their eyes to meet again.

“Niall, don't leave. You are more than just sex, come on.”

Niall removes Liam's hand from his wrist. “Then you should've proved it a long time ago. I guess I was always just your little plaything this whole time.” He turns to the door and made his leave clear, slamming the door shut behind him and he couldn't let the tears stay inside for long. They flooded down his face as he made his way back home, knowing that he took his only boyfriend away from himself.

Liam sat on the couch, head shaking now and again as he stared at his phone, knowing that Niall made a mistake. It's why he decided not to text or call him because he knew Niall would call or text him instead. He'd wait because he would win, like always.

Niall sat in his thoughts for the next few days, Liam never leaving his chaotic mess of a brain. He still loved Liam, but did he want to go back with him? To just sex, a few kisses, and a rare date? Was that all worth it for his own sake?

He mulled it over for a few more days after his initial thoughts and found himself at the front of Liam's door. This was the last chance to see if it'd work out between him and the one man that gave him anything worth noting, relationship-wise.

Niall brought his hand up to the door at a slow pace on another Friday evening, knocking on it with care as his heart pumped quickly.

Liam opened the door after about a minute, hair disheveled and torso exposed to a degree that would make any man or woman drool. Niall shook this thought out of his head and exhaled in nervousness.

“Liam, I-”

“You're here to talk about us, I know. Come inside.” Liam allowed Niall inside and locked the door behind them both before he leads him into his bedroom. He knew they'd end up there anyway, after their conversation. He had Niall wrapped around his finger.

“I missed you, I have to admit,” Niall began, right knee against Liam's left thigh as they sat on the bed together. “You did always text and call me, even if it wasn't always about our sexual encounters, and I should've paid attention to that, and I should respect your boundaries, even if I don't get what I want. I guess,” Niall bit his lip, pausing himself to think.

Liam smiled a little. “C'mon, you can tell me anything.” He placed a hand on Niall's right thigh and squeezed it with care, rubbing it with his thumb afterward.

Niall nodded and looked back up into Liam's soft, brown eyes. “Right, erm... I guess I shouldn't care about my feelings all the time, because you do care about me enough to ask for me and want me. That should count, right?”

Liam began grinning, squeezing Niall's thigh again in anticipation of what's to come for them both. “It does count because I do love and appreciate you... and your beautiful body.” Liam licked his lips, eyeing Niall enough to make him blush.

“So, if I keep giving you me and my body, you'll let me stay with you? No questions asked?”

Liam nodded, grinning. “One hundred percent. I'll never let your gorgeous body go once I've claimed it. You'll always be taken care of, in the best ways possible.”

Niall couldn't deny that he'd want nothing more than that at this point, so he brought their lips together in a deep, sensual kiss.

His body belonged to Liam, and he didn't mind it anymore.