[196] Curing Me [RQ]

Prompt: Niall has severe immunodeficiency disease where his body is highly invulnerable to the outside world. He's unable to leave his home and experience life as a normal person would. He wanted a cure, he wanted somebody to save him, and maybe the nurse next door could be the solution.

Requested by: live_for_cadolffo

~*~

Niall wanted to leave his house more than anything in the world, but his body never agreed to such a request. Born with his immunodeficiency disease, Niall grew up alone in his room with only family members able to take care of and visit him. He felt alone still, barred off from the real world where he could live a normal and suitable life with friends and relationships to be made. He wished.

He grew intrigued when looking out his window on a calm, Friday afternoon. A tall, brown-haired man stepped out of his vehicle in scrubs, coming home from work as to what seemed to be a nurse. Niall watched his movements and felt a strange pulse course through his veins. Although strange, he let it slip by as nothing and watched the man close his front door behind him.

Curious, Niall walked over to his laptop sat upon a dark wooden desk, and searched for nurses in his vicinity. He achieved a good examination of the man, enough to find him within ten minutes. Niall clicked on what seemed to be a biographical section of the nurse.

His name was Liam Payne. Niall learned that he was 28 years, excelled in college, has been working as a nurse for two years now, and he's done a lot of charity work. He seemed too good to be true.

“Love, how are you feeling today,” Maura, Niall's mother, asked when entering his bedroom.

He turned and gave her a brief smile. “I'm feeling good today. Did you know that we have a nurse next door? His name is Liam Payne.”

Her brow furrowed a little before smiling. “I did not know that. Do you think he would want to help you if we asked him? Well, there's no cure like we discussed, but he could ease the pain if it ever transpires. He could do it better than I ever was able to.”

Niall rolled his eyes, adding a short smile. “Don't beat yourself up over that. You and Dad have been doing the best you can. If Nurse Liam were to help me as well, then it'd make my life a whole lot easier.” Niall sighed. “I mean, I'm 21 now. I want to live a life where I can go outside and have friends.”

“Sweetie, I know.” Maura walked up to Niall. “One day, you'll have the chance to, I promise. You'll be able to go outside and live the life and dream you've always wanted. Just wait a little longer. Can you do that for me?”

Niall forced a faint smile and accepted a hug from his mother before watching her leave his bedroom with the closing of his door. With an exasperated sigh, Niall entered his bathroom to take his medicine for the day. With all that had just happened, he didn't realize that he already took his medicine for the day a few hours ago.

Each of the tablets trickled down his throat with the assistance of some cold water. He stared at himself in his mirror and could soon notice his vision becoming blurry. Niall tried his best to also keep his balance, but he ended up crashing to the floor instead after being able to touch his alarm to alert his parents if he needed assistance.

With a painful ache now throbbing in his head, Niall awoke in his bed. His vision took a few moments to return before his eyes locked with Liam's. The nurse sat in a chair beside his bed, smiling a little at Niall who was both concerned yet transfixed by him.

“You're awake. Your mother alerted me about what happened and said you knew about me, so I was eager to come help. Your vitals are well and your apparent headache will fade overnight. Continue to drink more water and be sure to eat enough before bed.”