⟨ 8.5 ⟩

Flashback.

   "And you became my personal knight right away. And because you are my knight, refrain yourself from speaking uncouthly."

"Hah? I'll try. No promises, though." 

"Oh, no. Knowing you, you will probably give up Etiquette after one academical quarter."

"I am honored my lady knows me the best."

And that is how Hansel Delacroix was known as the Crimson Esquire, and is training under Marquis Capistrano, due to sheer insistence of the second daughter. After a few weeks, news had spread like wild fire, even reaching the ears of her father who is in the capital.

Upon hearing the ridiculous words, Faustino Jaime Damonte y Quierre could only try to soothe his searing headache via rubbing his temples. His normally rational and recluse second daughter began to move in an unsightly manner. For that, he quickly moved from their manor in the capital to the fief in their territory by the coast.

The Duke Damonte arrived at the town of Kremer, where their main residence is northwest from the central. The elegant carriage, designed with the Damonte insignia, is being hoisted by the magical beasts called Dracanors, a lower class of the dragon species.

Travelling from the capital to Kremer takes about three or more days, even if ones utilizes the most orthodox shortcuts. Duke Damonte had hurried away from around eight, and had arrived by the fifteenth, in the afternoon.

Sparing no more seconds in the main square, the coachmen headed towards the northwest. Its pale blue and cream colored buildings can be seen even though the distance from Kremer is large. The mansion is magnificent but not luxurious, suiting the refined tastes of the Damontes, who adore subtlety. The bell sounded from behind their carriage. Fifteen o'clock is a time for prayer in the Cathedral of Saint Liesa, also known as the main residence of prayers in the Damonte territory.

In a short amount of time, Duke Damonte and his aides reach the grandeur gateway of the main residence. The guards who are usually composed had jolted in shock upon the sight of the man with silver locks inside. The coachmen gestured for the guards to open, allowing their party's entrance. Not taking even the smallest glance on the beautiful Helena's Garden, Faustino rushed to the doorstep. Immediately, the baffled looks were shot on the duke, but faded away upon fear of angering him. In a cold voice, he had asked.

"Where is my daughter?"

Francesca squealed in surprise, and hesitatingly raised her hand. Her tone is small and meek, as she replied. "H.. here, Father."

"Ah, Francesca. My apologies, I did not mean you. Where is Felicia?"

The tone he used on his first daughter turned softer. The servants standing with poise did not falter, as they were used to the strange switch in personalities of the duke when speaking to Francesca Josephine Damonte y Estefan. Felicia, who is on the grand staircase, sneered in her heart.

'And what is that old man doing now? Oh wait, Hans' matter...'

Felicia sighs out of aggravation, descending down the steps. The wonderful picturesque family transferred their attention to the girl who is calmly distanced from their bonding. With an icy tone, Felicia bore holes through her father's head with her blazing orange hues, and she curtseyed.

"Welcome home Father. I hope your journey were not too burdening."

"Felicia." He nods in acknowledgement. The servants are also accustomed to this exchange. There is no tender warmth between the father and second daughter. It is but a block of formalities between the two.