Chapter 63

The Security Detail

Chaos knew the risk. She could not be expected to have let him continue his endless rampage though. None could defy her either, for her choice was still the clearest path of action. Forcing Percy's surge this early and when he was this weak in terms of how powerful he was yet to become.

In truth Chaos had always expected for his surge to come in a few million years time. If he was to pull through then she doubted that his surge would have worked for anything apart from keeping him out of his blood rage.

The main risk present with this entire situation was that at the very worst, the surge could overwhelm him and burn his soul out of existence. But seeing as he was now comatose in Nyx's palace, that could safely be crossed off the list.

The next worst thing that was still a very real possibility is that the surge would require his godly force for him to continue living. He would become mortal. There were a whole range of things that could effect him after this ordeal was finally over. He could simply remain the way he is as well. The one thought that stuck in Chaos' mind however was the Titan path. What if Perseus became a Titan because of his surge? In his current state it would surely be beneficial, but he would either lose his claim to Asgard altogether or he would become the Norse Titan of everything.

There were too many questions that Chaos didn't have answers for, and she hated that fact. She was the creator of the universe, and yet there was something that she didn't know. The end result to Percy's surge.

Knowing that she could do nothing more, Artemis had left the Void to go and tell everyone that the immediate threat was over. They had prevented Armageddon from doing irreparable damage. Few knew the truth, they had prevented it for now, but what if the horsemen rode once again against Perseus and released the apocalypse a second time? Percy was adaptable, Artemis doubted that they would be able to do the same thing twice to him, but she didn't disregard it completely.

She flashed into her palace on Olympus before changing her clothes into something a bit more casual before leaving for the throne room. It had been such a long time since she'd needed to force her attention to the small details of Olympus. She needed to focus on other things so that her mind was not in constant worry for Percy's life. He was so much stronger than many gave him credit for, she knew that he would get through this, he had to.

Artemis walked into the throne room to a less than rare sight. Her father and uncles were sat together in deep discussion. They looked towards her with a strange respect that she hadn't previously known from these three Gods. It suddenly clicked to her that she was technically above them, or on par with her father at least.

"What news do you bring us Artemis?" Zeus asked her with a comforting smile. Artemis strode forwards as she usually would, though this time, she did not have to bow, she merely nodded her head respectfully.

"We prevented Armageddon from destroying the universe. At the moment, there is currently still the possibility that the riders can try to bring him back to his carnage. He lies in a sound mental state because of a surge that only a chosen of Chaos will ever receive. I will find out the instant he revives." She explained quickly.

"Very well. I will inform the other council members of this." Zeus told her with one final soft smile before Artemis disappeared again. She had a lot on her plate, and things were only adding up more with Percy's recent escapades.

Another moment of warmth that signified her transition between Olympus, and her own kingdom. It was here that she was the most powerful, and it was here that she was the most connected to Perseus' state.

Walking through the grand halls of Valhalla, she noticed an anomaly. Something that wasn't meant to be there. A beautiful young girl who hung her head, hoping to avoid the powerful gaze of the hunting Goddess.

"What is your name?" Artemis asked softly as she walked over to the girl. With a raise of her picture perfect hair, Artemis recognized her immediately.

"Calypso." She told her. So that's what happened. Percy had forced her off of Ogygia before the fighting had begun. Artemis couldn't take her back to Olympus, not with her father's watchful gaze, nor could she exactly take the girl to one of the demi-god camps. With a sigh, Artemis took Calypso by the hand and led her away. It took only a few minutes before they were at Artemis' and Percy's royal rooms.

"Lady Artemis?" Calypso asked hesitantly.

"I cannot return you to Ogygia, not that you'd probably want to go back there, because it has been destroyed by Percy and Armageddon in their attempt to leave it. I cannot take you to Olympus because I fear they would just banish you to the underworld instead." Artemis sat down on the edge of her bed, reviewing the options she had.

"I can't exactly leave you to the demi-god camps either, so instead you're going to reside here. Though, I do apologize, but you're going to have to serve me, because this is Valhalla, the Viking heaven." Calypso looked up slowly, starting to see where the Goddess was coming from.

"None who live can reside in these walls. Though I can make a special exception for a servant of sorts. What do you say?" When Artemis had finished, she could see the immense grin on display from Calypso, this was the best thing she could have hoped for.

The Void

Nyx looked on with worry at the sight before her. Percy lay un-moving from the place he had been for the past few days. His chest slowly rising and falling as it always was. But every one of Nyx's shadow warriors lay dead in a pile around the room. There were no other Primordials around so they weren't under attack. But what the hell had happened here? It was then that she noticed the ever so subtle ebb and flow of black vapors that seemed to just flow outwards from Percy's still body. His surge was progressing much faster than she had expected it to.

In but a few days he had subconsciously wiped out his own security detail. This was worrying but still pretty awesome. "Did you know of this?" Nyx spoke up when she felt the signature energy of Chaos appear next to her.

"I knew that it was him that killed these shadows. But I didn't know before this how his surge was to come out and truth be told, I still don't know. It remains a mystery, even to me. We can only hope." Chaos explained with a sigh. That was that, Percy was yet again, gaining more power. One could only hope that he was still in control of his mind.