Chapter 85

The Golden Sailboat II

The eldest members of Artemis' Hunt were all stood at the fore-front of the mass of hunters that had all made it very clear that they wanted to try their hand at taking Percy out.

The Son of Odin wasn't sure quite where their logic was. If he beat the eldest and strongest of the lot then the youngers ones waiting in line behind them wouldn't have a tremendous amount of luck.

"Lady Artemis!" Phoebe called out, brandishing some throwing knives from Gods knew where. She got the Goddesses' attention before tearing her eyes away from Percy, "To what extent are we allowed to attack? I assume you brought the boy here for a particular reason and would not like to see him dead?" She asked, letting the question hang in the air for a moment.

Artemis didn't hesitate with her reply, "You may all try your utmost to kill this man." She answered. There were murmurs among the girls as to why she'd allow this. "He can take it, trust me. Long ago he survived a fight with me a full power." She told them, not listening to the next set of murmurs that followed. Most of them along the lines of how powerful this boy could really be? They could sense immortals and Demigods to some extent and to them he just felt like a particularly strong Demigod, nothing for them to even worry about in a fight, but for one to have fought against Lady Artemis' full power? That seemed impossible.

Percy splayed his hand out towards the air. His hand visibly strained ever so slightly before they all heard a crackling sound approaching. As if out of nowhere a gleaming silver axe exploded out of the treeline surrounding the camp and flew straight into his hand. An aura of power enshrouded him from head to toe while his platinum eyes lit up with bolts of arcing lightning.

"For I am the son of Odin." Percy announced with a wicked grin flashing across his features. He could see the disdain present in the more experiences hunters eyes. They weren't fools, they knew of other pantheons and it seemed that the concept disgusted them to their very cores.

Funny, it was literally the polar opposite for what their mistress felt, but that might have been inappropriate to bring up to them. He needed to formulate a plan because he wasn't about to fuck around with this cycle bullshit and be stuck in an endless loop where he and Artemis would do nothing new.

He needed to differentiate himself from the loop. His power was unique so he had no doubts that Chaos would rouse herself sooner or later just because of his presence, it wasn't going to stop his next goals, but perhaps it meant that he had a better leeway with the Gods of Olympus. Maybe he'd demonstrate his strength by literally throwing Ares off of Olympus.

It didn't serve much purpose he just liked the idea. Personal entertainment and all that.

He was exuding so much pressure that almost all of them had been rendered to falling to their knees almost immediately. The true power held by the King of Asgard was something that these hunters couldn't even comprehend.

The thought occurred to him that he would not have been granted his kingdom at this point in time, and he wasn't sure whether or not his father's all seeing eye would be able to view Percy's recent exposure to time manipulation due to how powerful his son had become.

Two silver throwing knives shot towards him despite the vacuum of pressure around them, cutting through the air like gravity wasn't a factor. He'd managed to dodge them but he'd actually needed to think about it rather than relying on his reflexes. He made a mental note to look into that later as his reflexes had been incredibly sharp before.

"That was actually not bad." He muttered with a slight smile. He knew that no matter how long it took him to beat them, he was going to enjoy the fight. They were obviously going to make him work for the win.