Chapter 80

U-Turn

"I will admit,-" Percy began with his hands held up in defence while Artemis scowled at him from behind crossed arms, "That I did not see this happening." He breathed slowly, greatly fighting the urge to smile. They had marched and marched until they'd left the desert sands behind and instead found a thick swathe of forests, that was much more to Artemis' liking and at this point, Percy was not about to argue with her.

"We're in the Gods damned past, Percy!" Artemis bellowed, her eyes illuminating with silvery rage as she did so. She had gotten incredibly irate with her soon to be husband. Percy sighed with happy content before he looked back down at her.

"Yes, I know we're currently at a difficult crossroads, stuck in the past with almost no power left and no immediate way out of things, but I'm also incredibly confident in the abilities of my champion, and that of Alucard. I'm not sure how they'll pull it off, but I am sure that whatever they do, it will probably annoy me greatly." Percy admitted with another somewhat softer sigh before returning to silence, watching Artemis intently.

She'd opened her mouth to say something before the ground next to their feet had turned into a violent circle of blood red sigils that looked like they were on fire. Out of the floor, Tenacious was thrown, landing in a horrible position at the crook of his neck. A slender figure followed him out, long white hair billowing as she did so. She came out standing above the prone body of Percy's champion who remained groaning on the floor.

"Oh... Hello." Percy announced in total surprise. That was one of the Horsemen, Famine, who was standing over a totally defeated Tenacious. She stood there in silence with her arms folded looking incredibly unhappy with her predicament.

"Hey boss, came to get you out." The idiot champion hazzily groaned from the ground, pushing this thumb into the air to prove that he was still alive.

"I have so many questions." Artemis began with a sigh. She was choosing to ignore Famine who had been an enemy to them only hours prior.

"Well, we were all fighting in that ballroom, then I... Persuaded, Famine here to NOT kill me, then I persuaded her to help me reverse the effects of whatever insidious trap they'd set for you, but it was too late as you'd already been caught in it, so here I am, after persu-"

"We get it dude. Do I even want to know what you mean by that?" Percy asked with a slight cringe, already greatly expecting it to be a case of Tenacious being Tenacious.

"In an incredibly unexpected turn of events, we we're having sex whilst your pet vampire destroyed Death and Conquest. Now I have no choice but to reverse all of this, however, before I could tell this idiot not to take us here, he decided that simply pulling me with him would reverse it." Famine sighed angrilly.

"I take it from the way that you're telling me this instead of reversing this time trap that Ten had unknowingly just trapped the both of you here as well." Percy sighed at the pure idiocy of his champion.

"Your boss understands perfectly without me having to tell him, you... Are going to cause me great pain." Famine kneeled down, poking Ten's face. The anomaly simply grinned, being trapped in time was probably not the worst thing that had ever happened to him.

"We've still got Alucard somewhere in the right time, he'll probably figure something out, and there are other allies, right? By the way, what happened to arsemageddon?" Ten sat up abruptly, looking around in heavy set confusion. His clothes were ripped and torn, there were even some faint scratch marks on his skin. He had half a pair of cracked sunglasses hanging lopsidedly across his face. Had he and Famine found themselves in the middle of a summer break party or something!?