Chapter 75

Spirit Forms

Plumes of smoke rose high into the cavernous plains of Tartarus as two friends stood apart from one another, each with an almost feral grin on show. They each had incredible droves of power but very little options in the way of testing their combat prowess. This was a chance for them to both let loose a little bit, to finally stretch their legs and get a good workout in to things.

Percy had more in the way of getting a good fight than Alucard did though, as the son of Odin now had his own Champion, a man that he highly suspected was by far the truest definition of immortal that he'd ever seen. Percy wasn't even sure what would happen if Ten was to be struck down by his God killing sword gifted by the Big Three as a secret present after he'd proposed to Artemis. He badly needed to find that sword as he believed it was lost to him the moment that Armageddon had gone rampant from Ogygia.

Alucard moved so fast that there was almost no margin between him leaving his spot and striking out at Percy with one of his swords. Fortunately, this was what the son of Odin trained for, this exact thing was exactly what he lived for. His instinctive response was to raised his axe in defense before swinging his other arm around, effectively sending a blade edge against Alucard's now exposed chest. The son of Nyx flipped over from his failed attack and landed a few feet behind Percy before the battle continued. It was harder on Percy from the get go because where Alucard had remembered everything that he had once been, Percy was having to singularly discover each and ever one of his power, and so far all he'd really figured out was how to create things in his hands, fly using vapor trails and summon imperfect copies of his master weapons, which on the grand scale of things, was practically nothing compared to what he should have been able to achieve.

"I'm glad that we are fortunate enough to have this battle here in Tartarus where there is nothing to prohibit us from having a highly fulfilling fight!" Alucard's mannerisms were dropping ever so slightly, starting to reveal a cornerstone of that insanity, just a tiny group of scraps that hadn't quite been chipped away with everything else, but Percy highly expected it to be nothing more than a similar feeling to what he himself tended to experience whenever the thrill of the fight blasted through his veins. It was something special, something undeniably euphoric to fighters like them.

"Indeed, so how about we skip this warm-up and go all out? I've got a lot to do back in my kingdom and Tartarus isn't exactly my favorite place. So how about it?" Percy asked the question and though his words had clearly stated one thing, his tone had an underlying suggestion. It was a true show of dominance, it was the unspoken invitation that the next move was to draw blood and whoever was the driving force behind it was to be the victor of their little bout.

Far above them, the two Titans accompanied by Selene and the son of Abaddon could literally feel the shock-wave that had erupted from beneath them when Alucard and Percy had clashed, or more realistically, when Alucard had struck out with a decent amount of his strength and Percy had effortlessly blocked it. Such details had only been noted by Ten and the daughter of Hemera. Helios and Selene, the Titaness not Percy's general were oblivious as to who was doing what because both fighters were moving too fast for them to see. The four of them had moved through the doors of Death, into the small passage that led to the outside world, only a crack left in the doors that kept them ajar, it was only small but they knew it would be enough for both Percy AND Alucard to exit from.

"That was awful, why did we decide to jump into Tartarus?" The demi-primordial asked as she rubbed her knees, looking towards Ten for a solid answer.

He gazed at her for a second with a completely emotionless face. It always annoyed her that he was who he was. She could never get close to him, not in the way that she wanted to. It was only ever going to be limited to sex for her, but that was the least of her worries right now.