Chapter 49

One Hell Of A Proposal

The voice had returned only stronger. Since sending his hellguard Tartarus had become desperate. He was pulling out all the stops to keep Perseus and Armageddon contained within the pit, but frankly even he knew when he was fighting a losing battle. Armageddon had just been decimating anyone who tried to oppose him. Kronos was never far behind and anything strong enough to not be instantly killed off by Armageddon's power had been finished by Kronos' scythe.

The pain struck out once more. The closer Percy got to the doors of death, the stronger Tartarus' attacks were becoming. Armageddon had long since shifted and Percy had become the dominant aspect. Keeled over this time from the searing pain he had gotten from the pit's mental attack.

"Perseus. I have found a rather peculiar anomaly. A son of Hades was fighting a legion of dracaena to his last stand. I figure that you might want to see to his fate." Kronos explained as he brought forth a black bundle in his arms.

"I know of this demi-god. He's close friends with the group at camp Half Blood. I suspect that it is possible he was seeking me out. Come Kronos, we are close. I will bring the boy with me as well when we break through the doors." Percy explained as he took the unconscious son of Hades in his arms and continued to walk. Soon enough the pain returned right as they appeared on a ridge that directly overlooked the plains of death that stood at the doors of death. Ranks far bigger than any unit to have opposed them so far were based waiting anxiously for their opponents.

A searing pain imprinted itself on his brain and his body. The intense burning was all over him. It was too intense for him to ignore this time and he accidentally dropped Nico to the ground.

"He returns?" Was all Kronos asked, fully aware of what was happening. He too had been subjected to the horrors that Tartarus had offered him once long ago.

Percy stumbled and soon plummeted himself off of the sheer cliff edge that had been perched on. Kronos watched in awe as the Fallen Angel swooped down to the center of the monsters that were massed at the doors. All eyes were suddenly on him as he brutally clutched at his head, willing the pain to go away.

'If you cannot be stopped by them, then I shall make sure that you are so mentally broken that you are the one that kills Artemis. By your hand you shall slay her as if she were Gaea herself.' Tartarus' voice called out with a deep sickening laugh.

Sure enough there was a blast of pure black energy that engulfed a great many monsters before leaving the area barren except for one winged figure. The screaming of Percy's agony had stopped however.

"It will take more than head games to stop me. You may have invaded my mind and my body." Percy explained. His voice echoed throughout the plains of death.

"But there's one thing a Viking always keeps, HIS PRIDE!" Percy screamed as he released all of his power in one swift movement. A tidal wave of black lightning struck out from his body and decimated everything that the snaking tendrils of death could latch on to. Kronos only just managed to shield himself and Nico using all of his power in his scythe which was hit by the lightning. Kronos' own master weapon had crumpled to dust before his very eyes because of the power that Percy was outputting. Nico stirred underneath the Titan King.

"Get it to stop, he'll kill us all at this rate!" Nico mumbled. Clearly not in a great state but still conscious of the world around him.

"I don't think there are any that can stop it young one." Kronos replied as he braced against the force of impending death.

Line Break

The crew aboard the Argo II were briefed on everything that was going on. Luke and Jason stood at the head, a silent agreement that they were without a doubt the leaders of this voyage. Nobody argued against going to the doors of death to free Percy. They had all come to see him as someone important to them in the short time they'd known him. The Romans in particular.