Chapter 25

A Day In France

Percy felt himself shift locations with incredible ease as he fluttered down to where the girls were all practicing with knives and spears. Artemis was inside her tent and Percy saw no real reason to interact with the hunters at the moment so instead he flashed inside her tent. "Milady." Percy greeted her just in case any hunters were here. They weren't and Artemis narrowed her eyes at him, "Perseus." She scowled back. He sighed briefly.

Percy tilted his head to look at Artemis for a moment. "What is it?" She asked, getting annoyed with him quite easily already. It didn't take Percy even a second to seize the opportunity to complement his mistress. "You're beautiful Artemis." He said without a trace of sarcasm. He just stared longingly at her which caused her to blush every shade of crimson there was. Iris would have been impressed.

"Is there something you needed?" She asked, getting away from the subject as quickly as possible. Percy was quickly brought back into reality as he quickly made some mental reservation about that dinner plan he'd thought about.

"Yes, you. We're going on a dinner date in France. Come on." He said with a mischievous smile as he extended his hand to the utterly shocked Goddess in front of him.

"We're doing what?" She asked, almost as if she hadn't actually understood what he'd said. He rolled his eyes and sighed at his romantic interest.

"I'm taking you to France so that we can have a very expensive dinner date. Because I'm more powerful than Zeus and I want to. Anything else?" He asked as casually as somebody could in that situation. Artemis truly didn't know how she felt about this. It was clear that Percy was only just thinking about it right now but it sounded so well planned that she couldn't possibly turn this down.

She got up from her miniature throne and took Percy's hand. He pulled her into a passionate kiss that made her automatically close her eyes and embrace the feeling, but when she opened her eyes they were somewhere else completely. She noticed that it was no longer bordering on night time and in fact it was around noon wherever they were. She took one glance to her right and knew exactly where they were. Percy stood in his ripped black jeans and boots with his silver t-shirt that still clung to his body nicely. It was clear to Artemis that if it weren't for her, he would never have worn silver.

"Come my lady, your chariot awaits." Percy grinned at her, pointing his hands to the narrow path that led to the areas car park.

"You know how cliché that is Percy? Very." She told him with a sigh before she pecked him on the lips and walked through the exquisite gardens that they had flashed in. "Where are we going?" She asked him.

"Well it's one thirty approximately now so we've got quite a long time before my plans for that dinner date actually kick in, I guess you're just going to have to enjoy the day in France with me." Percy explained, feigning innocence as he said it.

"You can't pretend to be innocent, not by a long shot Jackson. Now where's this 'chariot' I don't see a, oh Gods... That's not yours is it?" Artemis asked when she saw Percy's mode of transport. She almost jumped in fear when she set eyes on the magnificent motorcycle. Percy just grinned with pride as he strolled over and sat himself down on the polished steel bike. He pulled a helmet seemingly out of nowhere and handed it to the woman he loved.

"Why on earth would I need to wear this?" She asked him quizzically.

He shrugged like it was common sense, "Because it's the law. I'm wearing one too." He responded as he pulled his own helmet from nothingness and donned it. Artemis didn't think it was possible, but Percy looked amazing even when most of his head was covered by what she thought was initially going to look like a horrible piece of head gear.

"Are you going to stand there all day or are you going to get on?" He asked her with a raised eyebrow before he produced that ridiculous smile, that same smile that always got his way with Artemis. She felt her insides warming up when his lips formed that single perfectly curved line. It only had that much of an effect on her because she knew that his smile only ever came out when she was on his mind, and that was enough for her to be driven mad with desire for him. She slowly sat behind him on the behemoth of the road and grabbed his waist for added safety, even though at the slightest sign of trouble, she would have just flashed somewhere safe. It gave her a reason to be closer to him, a reason that he wasn't about to argue with.

As they sped along the roads of France they would occasionally see a spot that they wanted to slow down and stop for but they didn't exactly have any idea of what they wanted to do for the day, Percy had only planned the date that would take place later on, he had completely misjudged the time zone difference which had given them this gap in-between but he saw it as an opportunity for them to spend even more time together away from prying eyes. Of course, it would be easy for them to be found out but the way that Artemis made Percy feel he would gladly stand up to the wrath of Zeus and proclaim his love for her. Hopefully he wouldn't have to but he knew his clear plan of action if it ever did come to that. Percy stared lovingly into Artemis' eyes before he thought about the time.

"Come on, it's getting dark. We need to park up and get on the boat." Percy said as jovially as it was possible for someone to say. Boats weren't in Artemis' domain naturally and she felt nervous about going anywhere near a large mass of water.

"You didn't mention boats earlier." She said, her voice nervous from the start. Percy just smiled at her.

"I know, but it would have ruined the surprise of the dinner date if I'd told you that I planned for us to go on a fine dining cruise down the river Seine would it?" He asked her. Her eyes lit up immediately and there was no force on Earth or Olympus that would have stopped her from kissing him then. "Percy Jackson you are mine and you always will be, nothing will ever take you away from me." She whispered into his ear with all of her love enforcing her words.